Wednesday, January 28, 2009

New lights spice up the house

About five years ago, I was going to redo my kitchen and breakfast room. I found new wallpaper, and I went out and bought a pendulum light fixture to go over my sink. I thought it would add more light to the room. I think I could have a 10,000 watt bulb in there and G would complain about how "dark" the kitchen is.

Being the procrastinator that I am, the wall paper still resides behind the door in my bedroom, and more than that, I have decided that I want to texture the walls and faux paint them. The pendulum lamp lived in the study. It was moved from place to place, and almost forgotten.

Then last year, I saw a chandelier in a catalog that I absolutely fell in love with. K is always asking what I want for my birthday or whatever gift giving occasion comes up. I had seen that chandelier, and I told her that was it. So long before my July birthday, she ordered it. It came to my house and lived around or in the entry hall until last weekend.

B is so good about changing my light fixtures, but that baby is going to be here at any time. In fact, C has been to the hospital twice with false labor. I called him to see if he could spare some time last weekend to put up my lights. He could, and he did.

I feel almost like I have a new house. Now I need K's kitchen contractor to get his butt over here to give me an estimate for the work I want done. I think he may be here next Thursday. I need help in the other remodeling project (our new TV).

Strange how little things can put a new spark in your life. And on Monday I thought last weekend was rather boring. Was I ever wrong. It has provided my with subject matter for three days! I think I will try to post pictures of my new lights tomorrow.

Peace.

No comments: