Monday, January 12, 2009

It's almost time

The baby shower is right around the corner - Saturday. K and I finished the diaper cake. It is really cute.

I started on the blanket that I was going to machine embroider. I learned something new about my machine. When I looked at the first few stitches, the bobbin thread was coming up too much. Instead of that ribbon being blue, it was mostly white - the bobbin color. I changed the tension to 0.2, and there was still too much bobbin thread. I removed the hoop from the machine, and the blanket came out of the hoop. Well that was the end. I could never rehoop it exactly again. But I did discover that the problem was with the bobbin. If I replace the bobbin, things will go correctly.

I foolishly thought I could go to T*rget to get a new white plain blanket. Was I wrong. All the blankets they had already had embroidery on them. K was going to the baby store. I asked her to look. She found one. It is really plush - and that's the problem. It is double layered. It cannot be hooped. So I had to use the sticky stabilizer and then stitch around the design. The blanket is also so fuzzy that the design gets lost in the fuzz. I also found that the fuzz breaks down and clogs the needle. That means no stitching gets done, and I have to go over the area again.

I just thought of another potential problem. I haven't looked in the bobbin case yet. I'll just bet it is full of fuzz!! I have been thinking about leaving it with just the top design on it anyway. That is looking better and better!!

This shower is going to bring up another matter. My (previously best) friend has been invited. I haven't heard anything from her is over 8 months. She did forward an email joke to me the other day, but that has been the extent of communication. I just wonder if she will show.

I decided that I was tired of being the one to initiate communication. So I stopped. Obviously she didn't notice! As I said, I wonder if she will be there. If so I wonder how I will react.


No comments: