Tuesday, January 06, 2009

I'm home

After over a week away, we are back. I really was ready to come back early this time. I have a project that is going to take a lot of time, and I want to be working on it. I should have taken the embroidery machine with me, but I talked myself out of it. I decided I would embroidery an elaborate design on a blanket for the unknown baby that is coming. It is a HUGE design with twenty different colors in it. Each part of the design has at least ten thread changes. I have been working on the ribbons for the diaper cake for the shower on the 17th. Just the embroidery for the two ribbons takes three hours. I'm not finished with that!

We had the first case of someone "inviting" themselves to come to the SSB. The fellow we took before Christmas called and said his deer were processed in Fritztown. He was going to bring the wife and kids, and would like to drop by to visit. We are talking about a five hour drive - one way. I just couldn't let those kids ride for 10 hours. So, we called back for them to spend the night.

I really wasn't looking forward to having guests. K and her brood decided they wouldn't be coming, so I was ready to just relax. Things change. The folks that came were really nice, but . . . I felt really lousy because I went with a neighbor to another town close by. I was not there when they arrived. I'm just a lousy hostess, but I had wanted to take that trip for months. I wanted to find that really neat fabric shop. Things went well though - I guess.

The girls, nine year old twins, were so very shy and sweet. They are fraternal, but the resemblance is striking. The mother is a step mother to another of D's daughters. She is 16 and pregnant. She announces how much she hates her step mother. This is so much like K's situation.

Today I won't be able to work on the project until this afternoon. I'm going with K for moral support. Doodle Bug was born with poor teeth. At 18 months, she has to have the front two capped. It is going to be difficult for them both. The dentist assured K that DB's teeth are genetic. They developed intrauterine. There was nothing they did wrong. All the kids in the family have poor teeth. It was not enough to make her feel better though.

Our weather is lousy - again. It is cold and rainy. When we left the SSB, we had ice on the troop carrier. It wasn't until we got close to the Capitol City that it finally stopped forming, although the thermometer inside said there was still ice. But like most times in Texas -just wait a few minutes. The weather will change. It is supposed to be warm again tomorrow! So goes our winter. It can be 80 one day and 30 the next!

Peace.

No comments: