Thursday, July 05, 2007

Catching up

Night before last we had a scare. K called at 11:30, right after I fell into bed. She thought her water had broken. I went over to be with the kids as they went to the ER. I was pretty sure if was a false alarm, and it was. I know she really wished it were real. She is so ready to have that baby - at least partially. That baby will be about 9 pounds, so K is really
miserable!

I have gotten over most of my fears about the future. Now I am a little miffed because a week has come and gone and I have no appointments. I have not heard from them at all.

I called Tuesday and was told that they were "working me into the schedule." Great! The treatment that will gobble up the most time and I am waiting doing nothing.

This is the first time since this whole story began that I haven’t been rushed into a treatment of some type. I don’t handle that well at all. I try to believe that I am not a control freak, but I guess that’s not the case.
Well, lets hope I get a call today or tomorrow to begin Monday.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I had to wait as well. I wanted all of this stuff to be over with so that I could put my head backing into the sand and forget that I was "sick"! You have to wait until someone else has completed their treatment so that a slot is opened for you to take. I had to wait about 3 weeks before they took the measurements, then another week went by while they plotted the measurements of my breast, chest wall and radiation beam before I got my 6 week appointment slot.