Thursday, December 15, 2005

Simone is a thief!

For those who are not animal people, the following statement is probably not "incredibly cute." To me it is endearing as can be. Simone is a little thief. My suspicions have been proven in aces.
On Sunday, I got my first inkling she had a shoe fetish. I left my dear ($5/pair) moccasins in the bathroom. When I went into the bedroom, there was one. I checked and the other was still in the bathroom. Since I have a bad habit of not putting shoes into the closet, I noticed she had rearranged some other shoes. OK - no damage.
Yesterday I observed her taking off with one of my shoes I had just taken off. I stopped that immediately, but still found it quite amusing.
While I was out yesterday, I called G to tell him I had gotten the Christmas presents he asked me to pick up. He told me he left a message for me, so I called home to retrieve the message. When I got in, I noticed the light for the messages was still blinking. I began looking for the phone. It was no where to be found. When I went to the bedroom to change clothes, there it was on the floor. It was on. The thief had struck again!
Today when I came in here to the study, her new D*entabone was on the floor where she had left it. She is a sneaky one! I’m curious as to what else we are going to find out about her personality.
I look at her and fervently wish I could roll time back to take away all the pain she must have endured. Her canines wouldn’t just break themselves. I really feel that she was kicked in the mouth or something along those lines because her sweet little tongue often slips out of her mouth. It gives her a certain character, but it isn’t normal. Even for a boxer.
I think she is going to be a source of great stories. After all Boxers are the clowns of the dog world.

No comments: