Tuesday, May 28, 2019

Improvement

After three weeks - my poor back has improved.  While still far from perfect, it is much better.  I would say I am back to where I was pre-fall.  And while that is not perfect, still is painful, and still debilitating at times, I can live with it.

G, on the other hand, is a wimp.  He has sciatica.  You would think it was a terminal illness.  He moans and groans - claims he cannot bend without support.  The problem is that he is SEVENTY-FIVE!  He cannot do the things he used to do.

He really doesn't help himself that much either.  Every afternoon is spent with his behind parked in a chair or on the sofa reading book after book.  I am not against reading, but ...

He will do his "PT" faithfully twice a day - and that is 10 minutes per session.  He will put out the sprinkler when needed and take the trash out once a week and recycling once a week, but other than that he is READING.

When we go to the SSB - for a WEEK - 75% of the time he is READING.  I know things have to be done.  But for him, it is either too hot or too cold all year.  So he is in the climate controlled environment on his rear READING.  And I am away from the things I need to do here.  We could get things done in a day and a half there  The excuse is that "traffic is too heavy Friday to Monday - so we have to stay over." 

So his solution to the sciatica problem - surgery.  I personally think he is going way over-board.  He is sounding like his mother.  She had not one but two surgeries and still was in pain.  Our tenant has had SEVERAL surgeries and is only hopeful this past one was her last.

OK - rant over.  Had to get it off my chest.  Me and surgery.  On my back - NOPE.  I will do the joints.  But I will NOT do my back - ever.

1 comment:

yellowdoggranny said...

after this weekend.where I volunteered at VFW and the bbq cookoff...for half the time I did last year and was so wore out I was weak..I actually admitted it out loud..I think I have limitations..fuck