Thursday, May 30, 2019

Changes coming

The oldest grandchild graduated from high school last night.  That is the first of those graduations in a line of six!  In her family, there are great changes afoot.  She from high school, her brother from middle to high school, and little sister from elementary to middle!  In my son's family, there won't be a "graduation" from elementary for another year.

I was standing there as the high school graduates marched in (all 913 of them), and I couldn't control the tears.  This is the beginning of big changes in the family.  They are growing and leaving the nest.

I cried because she will be so far away from our little "hamlet" outside the greater Houston area.  She will be in New York at Marist College.  She has been to busy this year - and so have we in actuality -  that I haven't seen her that often.  She lives exactly one mile from me.  But I knew she was close and I could arrange to see her.  Now I will have to travel. 

She will be playing water polo for them - her dream for six years.  At Christmas time, or shortly after, the team plays in a tournament in HAWAII.  Guess I will have to save my pennies and head to Hawaii!!

Regardless - I am going to miss this girl greatly.  And wow - I am getting OLD!

No comments: