Sunday, November 05, 2017

A Little Rusty

It has been almost a year since I have put words on paper here.  That doesn't mean I haven't been putting words into social media, but not here.

Almost a year.  TJ has been cremated and had a memorial service.  She was to be interred next to her parents' graves.  That is still hanging.  The ex says it's because Drew isn't ready yet.  I really thought it was because his present wife is not doing well physically - at all.

As far as Drew - he is a surprise.  I am not close to him at all.  If I ran into him on the street honestly I would not recognize him. But last month he sent a friend request for FaceBook.  I was shocked.

When I read his page, I found he was in rehab.  From what I saw of him the day we found TJ and the way he acted at the memorial service, it is not too soon.  His drug problem was really bad.

Apparently, he also has disconnected with the,e little sweetie he was with.  She was real pond scum, and I could tell she wouldn't be good for him.  Hopefully, he can turn his life around but after all these years ... It just seems doubtful.  He has been in rehab a couple of months.

Since I never wanted this blog to be political in any way - that is another reason I have been silent.  But here goes because I simply cannot keep it inside any longer.  I am overwhelmingly sickened at the way our country is going.  So there - I said it here.  Hopefully, that will be the only time I will post anything like this IF I keep writing. 

My grandchildren are, as usual, doing good things.  Katie is still doing great with her water polo.  She is striving to win her school competitions in both the butterfly AND breast this year.  She is driving - and that is a problem.  She has had three accidents since March - only one was her real fault.  But not good.

Reagan was playing Middle School football, which was his dream.  He badly sprained his ankle two weeks ago so football is over.  He still wants to play basketball.  The greatest thing he did though was to stand up to "baseball hero dad" to tell him he didn't want to play baseball last spring.  Finally.

The youngest, Karrington, is really into her gymnastics.  She will be our high school dance squad/cheerleader.

Brian's oldest, William, is strong into Boy Scouts.  He has always loved the outdoors, so scouting is his forte.

Delaney is another gymnastic kid.  She wanted a gymnastics pad for her birthday, and she uses it all the time,

Holden is playing basketball - at age 6.  I just HAVE to make one of his games.

It was recommended to me to get a shoulder replacement.  SO I found another ortho doc. The other shoulder has a small rotator cuff tear, so they both hurt.  Went to 4 PT sessions, and then the insurance gave out.

All told - the degenerative skeleton is killing me.  Soon I will just be a miserable blob of protoplasm!

3 comments:

yellowdoggranny said...

aren't grandchildren great?
getting old ain't for sissies

Marti said...

I hope you do not quit posting. I know. Kettle to pot. When I'm out doing things, I think "oh, I should post about this" and I even think of a few sentences or paragraphs. Then I come in and, poof, it's gone.

Are you going to have the surgery? A neighbor had it and was pretty immobile for 6 weeks, but then he said his shoulder was better than ever. I'm like you though. I have bad knees, bad hips, one bad shoulder,and of course, my eyes are going. It's too much, it would be a total remodel. I'll just live with it. Well,not the eyes. I need to see.

Sounds like the grands are doing well. And getting so much older!

Judy said...

It's nice to have you back, Karen.
Glad for the news about Drew. Maybe the shock opened up his mind and his eyes that he was going down the wrong path.