Saturday, November 18, 2017

Little trials

I am cheap!  I don't like to pay a lot for a wristwatch, so I go to my favorite place - Amazon.  I can usually find one I like for about $10.  Then by the time I get tired of it, I don't mind replacing it!

Last week I was to take my daughter to an outpatient procedure.  I was getting dressed in the dressing area with the tile floor.  I was already not happy with the current watch I had because it was difficult to put on.  The band (metal) was one that would completely open, so clasping it with one hand was difficult.

As fate would have it, it dropped.  It landed crystal down.  I immediately assumed that the crystal would be shattered, but when I picked it up all appeared to be well.  It was in tack and still running, so I assumed all was just fine.

Since my granddaughter also wanted to be there for moral support for her mom but needed to be in school that afternoon, G took daughter and I rode with my granddaughter.  That means we were a bit later getting there since we had to drop the younger daughter at school at the same time my daughter was to be at the hospital.

We got into the room where Krissi was waiting for her procedure.  I looked at my watch to see how much longer we had until her scheduled procedure.  It was 8:05.  Ok - great.  We all four chatted for a while.  Things were moving along well, and I looked at my watch again.  It was 8:05!!

This watch I had was a fake chronograph.  Around those dials were little rings.  Apparently, when this watch dropped and landed on the tile, it dislodged one of those rings.  It was lodged between the 8 and the 5!!  The watch hand just jumped around a bit!

But then the real trial began.  I went online to shop for the replacement.  I first went to the discontinued watches.  Some were priced as low as 49 cents - but the shipping was usually about $5.  So I went to the regular ones to get my Prime shipping.  And here the trial begins.

I shopped on Friday afternoon and got my order in.  I was to get my watch on Sunday by 8pm.  BUT I knew I was in trouble when it went to Amazon's shipping.  Sunday 9pm - no watch.  I went to the orders page and there it was delivery was from two to four days later.  Watching the page for tracking, that watch bounced around Houston for two days before going out for delivery.

The watch DID finally arrive on Wednesday, but I am so disgusted with the change in their delivery policy.  If one questions something not making the two-day delivery, they say they cannot promise.  Well, that is supposed to be their selling point for being a Prime member. 

I am still buying from them - I got my daughter-in-law's lists for her kids.  Those came as they should, but I have one order still wandering someplace.  Amazon replaced it, but the inconvenience was still there.


3 comments:

Judy said...

I don't even wear a watch, so I saved myself some trouble. LOL
I find, if I check real closely, some of my Amazon orders come from a distance and I don't get them in two days. I quit Prime. I can afford to wait more than I can afford Amazon Prime.

yellowdoggranny said...

I know you hate the house of satan but I've bought the same watch and style for past 5 watches pay $9 and they last about 2-3 years..would last longer if I'd quit getting it wet when I give gg's a bath..ha

Marti said...

That is my biggest gripe about Amazon also. In fact, we seldom watched vidoes, which was our other reason for having Prime, and their "2 day shipping" is now about the same as the regular free shipping. So we dropped it. Two day shipping should be two days!