Monday, June 29, 2020

I am so done

The isolation is getting to me. The Houston area is in the "red zone" with cases multiplying rapidly and we are advised to stay home unless we have to go out. OK - I have done that or 3 1/2 months. BUT my family next door is not.

Grandson had a baseball tournament Saturday and Sunday. They TALKED about pulling him because of the rapid spread but didn't. Then they went to a belated  50th birthday party for son in law a friend had. My daughter says - all the people who would be there isolate. NO THEY DON'T. At least one member of the family works outside the home. Their kids run around together with kids that I know (because they have talked about it) who don't distance.

So today we went into lockdown. We are not seeing anyone. They can't come into our house. It hurts me a lot, but I would like to live whatever my body will allow in its situation not on some vent in a hospital because people will not listen. Our County Judge was exposed and she is very careful. She is guaranteeing for two weeks. The neighbors on the other side of the family are self-isolating because one was exposed for a second time at work.

The house is still unsold. The reason - it has white appliances. And it has no granite countertops. Updated bathrooms, 2600+ square feet with a $29k TOTAL HOUSE GENERATOR and a huge pool with diving board and slide.  But it is just too much for someone to come in and spend $5000 to "update" top of the line appliances and put in the ^*(&*&%* granite.

I am really spiraling down right now. This is the lowest I have felt ever. I know I will get over it, But my realtor didn't help a while ago. I had asked if I were to replace the appliances (and they would be the cheapest glorious stainless steel I can find and the cheapest granite) could we take it off and then re-list at a higher price since we lowered the price to accommodate helping the buyer with updates.

She calls today with: take out the bar behind the cooktop and make the counter and bar all one height, remove the upper cabinets and replace the residential model of vent hood with a free-standing so people could congregate in the kitchen and see into the den! We have always been able to stand in the kitchen and see into the den. She is suggesting another $20K IN WORK be done. That has not helped my mood one bit. We put $35k into painting cabinets and paneling Professionally -not dabbing white paint on the wood - like was done where we are now, re-texturing the entire house and painting and then above builders grade carpet.

I should have stuck to my original plan. Stay in that house until I die.

Sorry for the rant.

3 comments:

Judy said...

Every thing nowadays is so dang hard!
I have no motivation to do anything.
I wouldn't sink anymore $$$ into the house unless the price was increased.
BTW--I hate stainless steel appliances and granite counter tops!!!

yellowdoggranny said...

oh honey I hate this for you ..I know how stressful it is..Jennifer's fiancee sold his house..4 days before closing they backed out..lucky for them the same day another bidder came in with the same price..but poor Daniel who has anxiety issues as it is was near a breakdown.
first of all? I'd get a different realtor.. someone who has a firmer grasp of reality. love you.

Jeanette said...

That is too bad. I know the frustration of trying to sell a house and the ridiculous things people expect! Yours seems to be tenfold and during this crappy year too! I hope your house sells soon!