Tuesday, March 24, 2020

A little brighter

I was terribly down in the dumps yesterday. With allergy season in full swing, I have had a sore throat for as long as I can remember this go around. I have had a headache - but from what? Had cataract surgery a while back and wonder of all wonders - I can read without glasses, but I swear I am now NEAR SIGHTED. I have always been far-sighted.  So could this be the cause of the headache?  I don't know.  I was supposed to have my last post-surgery visit with the opthalmologist tomorrow, but I canceled - with their permission.  High risk and all.

The granddaughter is still feeling rough. Her Pedi (yes - still at 19!) really does not believe she will test positive for the virus.  They went yesterday because the strep has inflamed (my diagnosis not necessarily his) one of her tonsils.  She had gotten a long-lasting penicillin shot at the ER on Sunday which has given her a sore butt, nausea and hasn't licked the strep yet. He gave her anti-nausea medication and she actually was hungry last night and slept through the night.  But her throat today is still angry.  And she has conjunctivitis so she is on the way to our ophthalmologist ( yes - mine too).

This morning at 2 A.M. I woke to a terrible nightmare.  It seemed so real. Apparations of grand and my parents were at my bedside.  The cat was on my foot, so I thought surely someone had touched my foot.  I had a real panic attack then - I was so afraid the grand had died since my parents are long dead.  I know grand and I are really close, and it just scared me so much.  I couldn't go back to sleep.  I really am embarrassed to even admit this, but I had to share someplace, and this is a safe place to expose my silliness.

So we are still awaiting test results.  If she is negative, we are probably in good shape, G and I.  We haven't been out - at least I haven't been except for a curb-side pick up at the grocery last week. He has been to a store or two. But hopefully, that test will be a TRUE negative. I say they because there are many negative tests that are not accurate.

Again thanks for "listening."

No comments: