Thursday, April 04, 2019

I am here.

It has taken me a while to not be so teary-eyed when I think of Clyde.  I am not feeling so totally incompetent as a pet owner not seeing anything that could have caused the sudden death.  I know Boxers are prone to catastrophic heart problems that suddenly present themselves.  But, that said, I still miss that sweet face terribly.

                                        **************************************

I am recovering quite well from the partial shoulder replacement.  Physical Therapy is working wonders and my flexibility is improving a lot.  I went through a rough place when I was afraid that I had used the arm too much and damaged the tendon that is attached to the shoulder from the bicep.  But after Tuesday's PT, I feel so much better.

I see the surgeon next Friday for my six-week return.  I think that will be good.

                                  *****************************************

 Yesterday I saw a meme on FB that I wish I had copied and saved because it is so true today (and yesterday for that matter).  It said that women in labor experience pains that come close to a man with a cold.  Well, G has a pure and simple cold.

I KNEW we would  probably get a cold this week because the woman who sat behind us coughed the entire service.  Turns out she is the Pastor's mother, but regardless she coughed the ENTIRE service.

Yesterday, G moped around, barely speaking in an audible voice, complaining of a sore throat.  I told him mine was a little scratchy too, but you would have thought he was absolutely going to die!

I had a follow-up with the new Oncologist (since mine for the past 11 years finally pulled the plug).  I told the poor dying man I would drive myself - against surgeon's orders.  In the meantime, he made a doctor's appointment.  For a sore throat?? For the first hours?  Yes - he had a cough, but that was because that was the way he handled the sore throat and probably mild drainage.  I would have thought he would simply go to the drugstore to get some cough syrup, antihistamines or the like, and some type of pain reliever (since he now has to take blood thinners due to the DVT from last year).

I think he was disappointed it wasn't the flu.  And he is still wandering about like he is a dead man.

I, on the other hand, went about my normal routine - taking Advil and cough drops,

He wants to have back surgery - fusing two vertebrae.  First of all - I will have knees replaced, shoulders replaced, but I will NOT have back surgery.  That scares me.  There are too many nerves there.  And secondly, if a cold sends him into preparing for death - I don't want to have to deal with this surgery.  It will take explosives to get him out of the hospital.

                                                *******************************************

So with that - enough said.  Hope your life is going smoothly!  Mine is getting better all the time.

3 comments:

yellowdoggranny said...

I'm so sad for you...cry all you want..it actually helps..
men are such wussies when they get sick..
I had 4 back surgeries.2 of them not necessary..get a second opinion ..hope you are better soon.

Judy said...

Men!
We can be moving around, out buying groceries with a #7 on the pain scale and they will be incapacitated with a sniffle.

Marti said...

LOL at your dh. Mine is the exact opposite. He doesn't want to be babied or stop his routine when he is sick. He thinks if he ignores it, it will go away.

But he would agree with you on the back surgery. He had something, a bulging disc I think, and he had surgery. Recovery was slow, but he wasn't in pain - until the drugs they packed in there wore off. He's actually worse now than he was then, and one leg and foot has no feeling. Hips and knees, yes. Back, no!