Friday, December 08, 2017

My new or continuing nemisis

Amazon.  While I have to be totally honest - about 99% of my transactions are great, there is still the nagging problem of getting my orders.

Back in early November, I ordered the book Wonder,  Now I know I can go watch the movie, but I don't want to do that for several reasons the primary being I am afraid I will fall in the theater.

That sounds drastic, doesn't it?  With my vision deteriorating as it is doing (now a special kind of cataract that has a "film" on it to further distort vision), I just don't see well with the macular degeneration coupled with glaucoma. Plus, after falling twice in about 2 weeks, well I have had enough.  So I don't want to go to a theater.

I also enjoy reading the book rather than watching parts of it in a movie.  So I ordered it.

Aaaaaannnnnnnnd - it was delivered.  Yes, it surely was.  The only problem, it shows it was delivered to Myrtle Beach, South Carolina.  Yes, that is a little problem.  I happen to live in the Houston, TEXAS area.  Just next door, doncha know.

So I notified the seller.  Crickets commenced.  I notified the seller again.  Crickets louder.  I did the A-Z guarantee on Amazon.  You guessed it.  And today I requested a refund.  We. Will. See.

I do have to say all the Christmas presents I ordered arrived on time - one early. 

The early one was a problem too when I think about it.  I bought my kids cutting boards to go with the spices I had ordered from another company.  Amazon was out.  So I thought I would be sure to have my name ready when they came in.  We were going to be at the SSB, and if the boards were not in stock, they would be delivered when we got home.  NOPE!  They came on Wednesday when we were gone and not returning until the following Monday.  Fortunately, Krissi could come by to get them so the package gremlins that like to strike didn't get them.  She wanted to know what was in the package, but I put her off - since it was partially her Christmas present!!

So all MAY be good with Amazon.  Hopefully I get my refund, and hopefully, the bra I ordered months ago not knowing it had to come from China will be here on the 14th!

4 comments:

Judy said...

How in the world?
Someone at Amazon must have goofed on the zip code?

yellowdoggranny said...

I had one problem with Amazon seller..drums for Abby, never made it..within hours of my complaining to them I had a refund made to my debit card..
I'm so sorry about your eyes...and the falling..will give the goddess something shiny for you.

Marti said...

I haven't had to do that yet, but I have bought a couple of items that weren't as described after I got them. I have also found that if you leave a one star rating with a terrible review, you tend to get a fast response.

Marti said...

Oh, I meant to mention that I have the film on my cataract too. It's like headlights on high beam when looking into bright light, even in the house, just a bright fog. I take it you don't want me to leave my eyes to you if I go first? lol