Monday, January 26, 2015

Once more

Last night I had a great topic to be presented here.  That was last night.  I didn't write it down.  I didn't use the hours I was awake not being able to sleep (until 2:30 and then some) to write it here.  No!  I will remember!  Not.

I just hate this.  It happens so often.  I would worry a lot more with so much dementia in my father's family.  Those darn Langes.  That's where it is coming from!  If I hadn't always been like this I would worry more.  When I have an inspiration, if I don't act on it then it's gone.  I plan it out.  I work with it.  Then my brain says - ok, job done, next??

So the next brings me back to the "post church move."  Krissi posted on Facebook (and tagged me and G so all our friends would probably see it) how we are beginning a new adventure in becoming members of this church and we did it.

Last I looked, there were over 100 likes.  Now most of those are friends of theirs.  There are a lot of mutual friends, and they posted.  We were able to tell people "good-bye" and they know we are gone - and WHERE we went.

I was surprised when one of the posts was a member of Celebration (old church) remarked they have been attending Messiah (new church) for a while.  It isn't surprising we don't see them.  There are three services.  Plus they are not regular church goers anyway.  But it did surprise me,  Krissi feels that there are many others at Celebration that aren't happy.  They realize how mismanaged Celebration has been, know it is going to fail, and are looking for a new church home.

I got to thinking last night about the number who were left.  You can't look at the membership rolls in the directory.  No one is ever removed.  But I believe they are down to about 16 (max) couples who are regular attendees.  So you count in any children and that brings the number in church to about 45.  And that is about what they have.  Our seven meant a lot.

I can't help but wonder what Pastor Chris is thinking.  (Tomorrow I will drop this topic - I am pretty sure!)

3 comments:

Sally said...

Don't drop it if you still want to talk about; that's what we're here for.

My dad had Alzheimer's; it was so hard to see him go from a very strong and beautiful mind. I kind of worry sometimes about myself when I just forget in a second what I was going to do or say. But, I'm hoping it's an age thing.

xoxoxo

MartiDIY said...

I worry about Alzheimers too, and I keep reading that the first signs can start many years before anyone takes note. I am so forgetful, and like you, I think of something I want to blog about, even think of photos and wording, and then it's just gone. My grandmother had dementia and so did Hubby's dad. Not the way I want to go.

That's really sad about your old church and you're right, there are probably a lot of people who feel like you. We were attending a very small startup church recently, and then decided it just wasn't what we needed and we weren't what they needed. We didn't say anything to anyone, just quit going. I did email the pastor's wife when she asked if everything was ok since we hadn't been there in a couple of weeks. Thinking back, there were other people who started going there about the same time we did, and just quit going. I wish we had a former church to go back to, but for us, the hunt is on again.

Jeanette said...

I think Pastor Chris is getting a reality check about now!