Thursday, October 16, 2014

Turned out ok

The nurse/practitioner came.  I passed with flying colors except my blood pressure was high!  Very high.  In fact, I almost expected her to call an ambulance and contact the doctor.  But I have done everything else ok.  I have done my screenings, taken my immunizations, all that jazz.

She left with the instructions for me to continue taking my blood pressure.  Well - this rattled me, and my blood pressure stayed high.  It would go down a bit, then jump back up.

I remember that taking naproxen will raise blood pressure in addition to the stomach problems and so on.  I have been taking two a day for a while.  It helps the back pain.  I really do not want to go back to hydrocodone.  I do not want to be drugged like I was with the hydrocodone.  It is dangerous.

So a while ago, I took one of my evening tablets.  I think it is beginning to work, because the numbers are going down.  Of course, when I get this worked up over something - it makes it all worse.  My nerves make my blood pressure go up.  And my nerves are going at full tilt.

Needless to say - the naproxen is out now.  I know I should take my blood pressure regularly.   I don't I will keep an eye on it for the next several days, and I will use some other pain med.  If things don't get better - I will call the cardio doc - ASAP!


4 comments:

Judy said...

I didn't know that about Naproxen. I stopped taking it because of stomach issues, although it didn't bother me, and now I take two Advil (Ibuprofen).

Sally said...

It's funny how different over the counter meds affect us all differently. I usually take Ibuprophen (can't spell it). But, I do have a prescription for something stronger if I need it.

I hope your blood pressure goes down. Please take good care.

Cheyenne said...

Before I visit my family doctor I do not drink any coffee. I take my blood pressure pill. I eat a small baked potato because potassium brings the BP down.
You might say that's cheating but it isn't. I only have high BP readings at the doctor's office. Anywhere else my numbers are below what is normal.

Jeanette said...

Yes, you have to be careful about your blood pressure. Mine has been good (so far) but my husband has HBP and I'm always on his case about eating salty foods! I'll have to keep Naproxin in mind.