Tuesday, July 01, 2014

I survived

Although part of yesterday I was ready to throw in the towel.  It was colonoscopy "prep" day which means no solid food, no milk products, nothing red or purple, no leafy greens or nuts (but that was for three days).  I was so hungry I was about to eat - well, I guess nothing.

G thought he was being helpful when he went to the drugstore that is disguised as a grocery.  He went to pick up the "colon prep kits," and so he also picked up some gelatin and something to make water a little more palatable.   I am a water drinker, but there is a limit, and I want something with a little more taste.

So what does he bring back.  Now remember - there is no real nutrients on this "diet."  Broth and the like.  He brings back SUGAR FREE gelatin, and Crystal Light Liquid.  Now I use the Crystal Light every day with the suspension for my cholesterol.  But I thought I could stand some sugar in what I could eat.

I took Katie (LB) to a friends house later.  I planned to get out of the house to get my mind off eating.  I stopped at the store and bought some freezer pops, lime fruit bars, peach fruit bars, and, of all things honeydew and cantaloupe popsicles.  There was more than I could get around, but it was good.

I took the first dose of the prep liquid at 6:30 (supposed to be 6!).  I thought I would throw up the last bit.  It is just so nasty.  Needless to say, the next several hours weren't that great.  Then at 10:30 I was to take the remainder.

I am really sharing way too much here, but ...   Yesterday morning my problem from the SSB came back.  I thought it really ironic since I was going to have to induce the same thing later in the day.  But because of than, and I was pretty much running clear at 10, I made the executive decision that I would drink only as much of the second bottle as I could stand without gagging.

I finally fell asleep about 2 this morning with the alarms set for 4:50. 

But it is over, and right now things look good.  I am awaiting the lab results, but it seems good.

Now you can say you know me inside and out!

2 comments:

Jeanette said...

Glad it went well. That prep can be rough I know!

Judy said...

I am glad I never had to have one of these awful things. I hope I never do.All I have to do is think about it and I can feel my gut cramping and churning. BUT--it will be nice to know that you are clean and green for another 5 years.