Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Same old song

We are back again which means a much faster and more reliable internet connection.  It also means that I can sit here at the breakfast room table AND watch tv.  Yes, I am an addict - at least until about 1pm.  Then I either run out to do errands or head upstairs to play work on the embroidery machine and watch those programs I have DVRed.

So why don't I post when we are at the SSB?  Beats me.  I really have no idea.  It's not like I am busy, busy most days.  There are those when we go some place, or I have to prepare some bit of food to take to Community Club, but mostly I do ave time.

Anyway, I was busy this weekend.  And Marti  for a change I have a picture of my project. But between whatever is going on with my computer and/or Blogger I can't post it!  Things are getting ridiculous.  

The project I had for the weekend was making matching dresses for Granddaughter #2 and her doll.  They really turned out cute.  I followed the pattern exactly, but they are not finished out the way I would normally do it.  The pattern just called for attaching the skirt to the top (lining and all).  This leaves an unfinished seam at the waist.  Usually I have attached the skirt to just part of the top and then the lining is whip stitched to that seam to finish it off.

I think she will enjoy it immensely.  I have to finish her dress because I don't like the way the ancient Singer puts in buttonholes, nor do I like the way it does zippers.

As for the computer - I have run three different checks on it.  There is malware that I remove and "immunize" against, there were two "not-viruses" found, but still when I go to my main sites, there are pop-ups!

I will work on it more.  I will get those pictures up - someday.  In the meantime, I guess I will post them to the facebook page that is over there at te upper left.


2 comments:

Marti said...

Well, I'll just have to use my imagination until you can get all the elements working together. lol

I heard about a new thing we have to worry about now. Some kind of malware that gets into your computer and locks it down until you pay a fee (ransom) to the hijacker. They said on the news that most people can't get it unlocked by themselves, they have to take it to a computer repair service or pay the fee.

JuJu said...

Have you taken in your computer to some kind of geek squad yet?