Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Remember me??

Um, hi.  My name if Grandma K.  I come around here sometimes.  At least I used to be a regular visitor.  Lately I haven't been doing much of anything blog worthy since most of my time has been spent slaving over a hot embroidery machine.  I only had a few days to get all my battery operated tea-light covers done for the craft show that comes up on the 2nd of December.

So did I finish - in  a word no.  Why do I suddenly have time away from the machine - simple - I am away from the machine, house, and city.  Yep, we are at the SSB.  That means no machine.  I also didn't bring anything that I could use the plain machine here to work on.  I really won't have time.

Nothing like turning to one's poor little ignored blog to keep from doing a deep cleaning of floors to get ready for the crawler grand kids.  We have been here since Friday, and I have used every excuse to not do the floors until now.  Well, time is up.  The first wave of kids/grandkids arrive tonight.  Late tonight.

For two and a half days there will be between 12 and 13 of us in this house.  Oh, and plus Simone and Shadow.  In honor of the occasion Simone decided that last night was a good night for her periodic vomiting events.  Hopefully she got it out of her system.  She spewed for the first time at 9:30.  That was after I noticed her beginning her licking (and drooling) and stuffed her anti-nausea pill and benedril down her throat. Of course, they were in perfect condition.

She kept being upset until about midnight. We went to bed, but she was still restless.  And Mr Personality had a temper-tantrum over the whole thing because he wanted to get up at 5 to go hunt.  So I slept fitfully all night.  I had to be up early because they were coming to do the annual heater check between 8:30 and 9.  Wonderful!

That is the extent of my adventures over the last 9 or so days.  Really exciting times, right??  The upside of all this is we have at least some venison for sausage this year.  And I had to do my part.  That was getting my feet into my boots which isn't a pretty action.  My new knees don't push like they should, but I managed so I could get into the mule to go pick up the buck.

I doubt I will be back before Saturday - if then.  So have a great Thanksgiving.  As trying as it will be, it will be great to have the family together for Thanksgiving.  I wish my niece were going to be able to get here before Friday so that ALL the kids could interact.  The extended family hasn't been together in so many years.  I guess that's what happens as families grow and age.  Sad.

Peace.  (and time to chase dust bunnies)

5 comments:

Jeanette said...

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving! Sounds like you will have a house full! Enjoy all those grandchildren!!

JuJu said...

I was wondering where you were! I'm glad to know you're okay!
I hope you guys have a great holiday and that all the children will behave and leave the animals alone!

I am thankful to have you in my life~!

Cheyenne said...

It's nice that you have all those relatives to be around for the holiday. Our days of that are over since most of them have gone elsewhere or will be with their families. Thanksgiving for us will be spent just the two of us and our 4 little fur babies which is fine with me. Nice and quiet.

Judy said...

I would go quite insane with that many people in my house for that many days--it's the noise I can't take anymore. Hope it was good for you.

yellowdoggranny said...

hope yours was as great as mine..love jac