Monday, November 26, 2012

OMG!!!!

We walked in the house about 4:15 this afternoon.  This is after being gone for ten (10) days.  It is soooo nice to be home - even though the SSB is a home, but still.

A few minutes ago (6:45) G asked me when we were going back.  Originally it was after Christmas.  I was on board with that.  Then he said "that's over 4 weeks,  I don't want to wait that long.  SIL was talking about Dec 12 for a trip for he  and his friend (the contractor for all of us when we need him).  So G said he was thinking about the 10th to 17th so we would be back for Daughter's birthday.

I  finally told him I am sick and tired of travel.  I have had it.  Stick a fork in me, I am done.   And I am.  We have been gone way too much in the last two months.

I also feel better about my decision.  I did leave it open.  I can change my mind if I want.  Right now - I doubt it!

4 comments:

Jeanette said...

Yes, I can understand that. Sometimes its nice to just stay home, especially at this time of year. Have a wonderful week!

JuJu said...

I am totally with you! Time to sit put for a few days before even contemplating moving again!!

Marti said...

I know what you mean. It's not just being gone, it's the packing, unpacking, cleaning....

Lap Dog Knits said...

home....it's taken for granted.

but when you leave for awhile - it's the place the heart longs to return to

enjoy your little place in the world!!