Sunday, October 21, 2012

We interrupt this travelogue

Yes - for a whine session.  So far - we completed the trip to the Outer Banks.  We made the trip for the 50th reunion.  We still have the trip to the SSB (Stings, sticks, or bites rancho) to go.

During this I have missed at least these things:  my sewing group, my women's group, and we will miss Octoberfest at church which the women's group is organizing.

I am sick to death of being in a moving vehicle.  I am sick to death of classic rock on the satellite radio.  I am sick to death of not being able to get white noise going in the room where I sleep.  I am sick to death of sharing a bathroom with a bathroom hog.  I am sick to death of sharing suitcase space with a suitcase space hog.  I am pretty sick of traveling with that travel mate!

If I never have a month like this again, it will be too soon.

I stated at the beginning that this was not my idea of fun.  It was put off that I was the one who wanted to go on this vacation.  There is a seed of truth there.  I did want to go to the Outer Banks.  It was quite beautiful.  But what I wanted to do more was to take the train to NYC and that part of the East.

I will mention this part again later when I continue to talk about "what I did on my fall vacation," but I will mention it here too.  The side trip to Charleston to see my internet friend Judy was quite a treat.  It was the first time I have gotten to meet a fellow blogger - at least one that I didn't know before.  She is a really great person, and I am so glad there is this thing called internet that has the ability to bring people from all over the world together to become friends - even virtual friends.  It was so great to meet the flesh and bone friend!  Love ya' Judy!

And so I will close this little whine session.  Next week will be a bit more usual, even if I am not here in the main residence that I have missed so much.  I can get back to normal a little.  I will also have room to be alone for a while.  It won't be as good as being able to go upstairs into my own personal space, but at least it isn't a little hotel room.  That was something I loved about the place in Kill Devil Hills.  It was like a one-bedroom apartment!

Enough of this - peace.

1 comment:

JuJu said...

Oh girl, I feel your pain. I've been there, and done that.

Find yourself a nice quiet corner of the world and listen to YOUR music.

If that fails, find a voodoo doll and some pins.