Friday, October 12, 2012

Next installment

How many days have we been gone?  I do not know!!  It is time things become a blur.  That happens to me when we travel.  I don't really remember what I posted last, and I am too lazy to go back to look.  Great blogger, right??

Our room here in Kill Devil Hills is just fantastic.  The only drawback is that we are nestled so tightly in the building that my cell doesn't work.  The Atlantic is out our patio door, so I KNOW there are no cell towers there.  I knew there was a reason to have a prepaid calling card!  One of the little things you think you no longer need with cells.

Today we went to the lighthouse at Cape Hatteras.  Very nice trip.  I was amused at the road work.  They were putting the dunes back in place.  I was amazed at how little road work we had met.

Then we went to Fort Raleigh.  I am so stupid - I didn't realize how close we were to where our ancestors started in this country.  In fact, we are in the middle of some of the places.  G's ggggg(?)grandfather arrived in this country in 1660, and after he served as a slave (indentured servant to pay his way) he moved to North Carolina.  It's been too long since I have done the genealogy.  If I had remembered - this trip would be different.

Tomorrow we will go to the Wright part of the Park system, and then to see the biggest sand dune.  Sunday it will be off to Charleston to meet Judi!  Yea!  Can't wait.

1 comment:

Judy said...

So jealous of the view out your patio doors!!!