Friday, July 06, 2012

Let the festivities begin

Ah, July.  The month with the onslaught of birthdays for our family! 

Today is Monkey Boy's eighth birthday.  His mom always looks around and buys lots and lots of things before Christmas and birthdays, and she lets me shop her "store" when it is time.  I will do that again this year, but for something small.  I have decided that he is old enough (and has come around to thinking I am
an ok person - and he will even say he loves me without being prompted) that I will take him to lunch and out to choose his birthday present.

Tomorrow, Son turns 36.  Wow - where did those years go.  I was just so glad he wasn't born on the 4th, but he would have parlayed that into his Country band somehow.  His cousin was due the same week.  Son couldn't wait, and  nephew was in no hurry, so he came on the 23rd.  That would have been something to have two babies in the family that would have been 7-4-1976.

Doodle Bug comes in on the 20th.  We will find out today if her early present is a real cast.  She is handling the splint well, but I am not sure about 6 more weeks in a real cast.  The other kids already can't get in the pool since she can't.  Like the stereotypical baby of the family, she objects - loudly.

Then on the 26th I turn (gasp) 67.  This is a new thing for me - to admit my age.  But for a while there, I wasn't sure I would see this age.  So now I might as well be proud of it.  When I was teaching, the last thing you wanted was to be seen as old.  The kiddos didn't take too well to that.

So July is hot as a firecracker (but not our hottest month) and we help the local economy too!

Stay cool, and have a good weekend.

Peace

3 comments:

yellowdoggranny said...

happy birthday to everyone.

Judy said...

I take the grandchild out for lunch and present shopping also. They seem to really like the one-on-one time without the other sibs along. Happy Birthday to ya!!!

JuJu said...

Your July is like my June. I always heave a big sigh of relief at the end of it!!

I am so happy to read that you are finally proud of your age. Live it and enjoy it and celebrate it every day!!

You are a 67 year old gem, who just happens to have bad knees. :-)