|This is the dog bone pillow I made G for the train trip. Each of the other family members got one also. Most were monogrammed|
I was distracted from working on them yesterday. I thought I had some women's shirts around here, and I wanted to make one for Lady Bug. I had found a design that I thought was so cute - just the features of a bunny. I couldn't remember where I put the women's shirts when I "cleaned" my space. That means they simply got stashed some place other than where they were that seemed to make sense at the time! I couldn't find them, so I started on the bags.
Well yesterday I had a light bulb moment! I remembered. So I got one for her; then started looking for the design I had downloaded recently. I couldn't find it! In fact, there were several that I couldn't find. I decided to go back to the site where I had downloaded the design - they are free (and now I know why). I found it, downloaded it, and re-formatted it. It was supposed to have 5 colors - brown, pink, black, white, and red. When I loaded the design into the machine - it had 14 colors!! It was a psychedelic rabbit!
I knew it really wasn't a problem - all I had to do was substitute colors as I went. So I did. Things went along well until I had to change bobbins. These are pre-wound bobbins, and they are way too full. Anyway, it created a little problem, but it turned out ok.
I went back to check on the downloaded design. I thought perhaps it was that change that screwed with the colors. Nope - others did the same thing. Now I know why the designs are free. They may or may not stitch out correctly. Anyway - I loaded a picture for you to see. As you probably know, if you click on the picture, it will enlarge it. I forget that I am probably the only one who doesn't know things like that!
So - now off to continue on the bags. They get easier as I go. I had major problems with the first one, and the problems were my fault! So, I am learning.