Wednesday, April 04, 2012

Off to sew

This is the dog bone pillow I made G for the train trip.  Each of the other family members got one also.  Most were monogrammed




I was distracted from working on them yesterday.  I thought I had some women's shirts around here, and I wanted to make one for Lady Bug.  I had found a design that I thought was so cute - just the features of a bunny.  I couldn't remember where I put the women's shirts when I "cleaned" my space.  That means they simply got stashed some place other than where they were that seemed to make sense at the time!  I couldn't find them, so I started on the bags.

Well yesterday I had a light bulb moment!  I remembered.  So I got one for her; then started looking for the design I had downloaded recently.  I couldn't find it!  In fact, there were several that I couldn't find.  I decided to go back to the site where I had downloaded the design - they are free (and now I know why).  I found it, downloaded it, and re-formatted it.  It was supposed to have 5 colors - brown, pink, black, white, and red.  When I loaded the design into the machine - it had 14 colors!!  It was a psychedelic rabbit!


I knew it really wasn't a problem - all I had to do was substitute colors as I went.  So I did.  Things went along well until I had to change bobbins.  These are pre-wound bobbins, and they are way too full.  Anyway, it created a little problem, but it turned out ok.

I went back to check on the downloaded design.  I thought perhaps it was that change that screwed with the colors.  Nope - others did the same thing.  Now I know why the designs are free.  They may or may not stitch out correctly.  Anyway - I loaded a picture for you to see.  As you probably know, if you click on the picture, it will enlarge it.  I forget that I am probably the only one who doesn't know things like that!



There is no outline to the face.  It is just the cheeks, eyes, and ears.  I thought it was really cute!

So - now off to continue on the bags.  They get easier as I go.  I had major problems with the first one, and the problems were my fault!  So, I am learning.

Peace.

3 comments:

JuJu said...

Your family is so lucky, what wonderful treats!
And, I love this bunny. He is a sassy little thing!

yellowdoggranny said...

absolutely adorable bunny.

mel said...

You are incredibly talented!