Saturday, April 28, 2012

More about R

I guess I am too quick to judge, but I really am seldom wrong about character.  My daughter will attest to that.  Several of her "friends" turned out to  be just what I thought they would be.  She has been wounded by these "friends" several times.  I just had bad feelings about them - and this goes to this day.

So, on to R.  Apart from simply not liking people like her, I really think there is something far more sinister about her, and being pushy goes along with the sinister feeling I get about her.

One Friday evening at Community Club, in walked this couple I had never set eyes on before.  Seems like they just breezed into town --- from the upper west coast.  Now folks - I really doubt that any of you would just breeze into the Hilda Community.  It is simply a wide spot in the road.  The closest towns are Mason, Art, Loyal Valley and Doss. Now you know exactly where it is - right?  NO ONE lands here by chance.  That's why I think there is something really wrong with this picture.  They neither one had jobs.  He landed some part time work with one of the contractors there, and she handed information.  In fact, I scanned it:



I believe you can click on it to make it bigger.  It may be blurry, or that's just my  eyes!  Obviously I left off the phone and email - although I really don't know why. I guess "out of courtesy."

Anyway, she has attached herself to my neighbor on the other hill.  She is out there at least once a week (for $110).  I think my neighbor is basically buying a friend and companion since there is not one available.  One is with her husband as he fights cancer with his treatments,  the other re-married and they are always gone, and my younger SIL is an absolute hermit.  Her family is here - five hours away.  I can imagine it gets lonely.  I am only there for a week and never have the chance.  There's always too much for me to do, and I become a hermit like SIL.

I don't know - they are doing these odd jobs all around.  Everyone seems to know them, but they just seem fishy.

Peace

2 comments:

JuJu said...

So, your very first introduction to this woman was her handing out this sheet of paper?
I agree with you, I find it to be odd. And, I would imagine your gut is usually right about these things.

Your gut, combined with this paper and her behaviors, lead me to believe she's one to be wary of.

yellowdoggranny said...

stranger than science fiction..