Thursday, March 01, 2012

Oh, poo!

You know - if it's not one thing, it's another.  Medical things and I just aren't getting along.

I decided to get the glucose meter to keep tabs on the blood sugar thing.  I stopped at the drug store yesterday, talked to the pharmacist and got a meter he recommended.

I brought it home, went upstairs to work on WK's road track while I experimented with that meter.  After five or so strips, I finally got one to work.  Now - there were far more than five sticks with the "painless lancets."

I decided to try it first thing this morning. After my final success yesterday, I thought I had the hang of it.  No, nope, nein.  I have come to the conclusion that I simply don't bleed.  I ended up with three sticks this morning -in places I thought I would bleed - well. 

The first test was not enough blood.  Hurt like heck, but not enough blood.  The second, by the time I got blood and put it on the strip - the machine had gone off.  That ruined that strip.  So in disgust I simply got up.

At the rate I'm going, I will have used the month's supply of strips before the week is out!

I think what I need to do is get some snow white expensive fabric, make a garment that is 90% complete, stick some straight pins in it, and sew more.  I will guarantee that I will stick my finger on a pin and bleed, as we often say in Texas, "like a stuck hog" on that white material thus ruining the garment!

So I have one more thing to complain about.  Getting really boring!

Peace.

3 comments:

Jeanette said...

It takes a while to get the feeling for those sticks right. I always use my finger. It's just easier for me than trying to get a good enough blood spot from anywhere else! You'll get the hang of it!

yellowdoggranny said...

I use my fingers too..and I use the number between 1 and 2 it usually is a little deeper than a 1 but I'm always assured that I'll have enough blood.

JuJu said...

You know, when I saw the title, I thought we were going to get a whole "nother" kind of post. :-)

Good luck with the strips! I am sure I'd end up poking my eye out and cutting my hand off.