Friday, February 24, 2012

A little time today

For a change, I actually have a bit of time today.  I STILL have been sitting here for a couple of hours, but some of that time was on the phone with Daughter.

JuJu asked me how I managed to get the ridiculous comment verification thingy off.  Honestly, all I remember doing - finally - was going back to the old way blogger used to be.  I knew where that setting was.  On this new look - I have no idea.  JuJu, I will try to find out how again then send you an email!


The biggest news about these parts is the ever-using step granddaughter.  If you don't remember, this young lady (19 1/2) met this fella - slept with him, got pregnant, moved in with him, was convinced to quit her job in SA, moved with him to Alabama where she knows no one, had to go back to SA for court after a shop-lifting charge at Target(??? of all places), not wanting to get married while hugely pregnant,  and now is saying he is not the man she fell in love with, and is thinking of moving away - but NOT to SA (that means to Dad and Step-Mom, Daughter).  Yes, she is a stellar girl.


Needless to say, Daughter is rather beside herself.  When SGD left here at the ripe old age of 14 after living here for  two years, Daughter was quite relieved because Lady Bug would not have the influence anymore.  Daughter would not take SGD back.  She still doesn't want her - at all, but she is so concerned for the baby.


Today, she even said something about trying to adopt the baby because she can see that it will be as screwed as SGD. I told her that we have known all along that the heritage there will never stop.  I flat told her that if she were to do that, SGD will really be in her life, and she will still influence the baby.


The only time SGD calls them is when she wants something.  For months and months on end, her dad would call her.  She never could bother to return the call unless she needed something.  This is her "way to roll."  She lived with them for a bit because her mom was moving to California, and she didn't want to go.  She made up lies about her mother's current man (there have been several).  She caused such a stink - lying on a legal statement about that guy.


She needs Dad and Daughter (mine) now because her mom won't speak civilly to her.  SGD has followed her mom so well.  Her mom was hoping for better for her, I think.


So now she has told Daughter that her physician there wants $1400 because her insurance won't pay.  Then she also needs about $400 for more court costs.  And really she wants to move here to live off them. This is something that is very typical of SIL's whole family.  Daughter thought she could change that trait in SGD, but looks like it won't happen.  I just want this girl/woman away from my three grandchildren in that house.  She is toxic.  


I guess I am really cold.


Anyway - peace.  Have a great weekend.

2 comments:

JuJu said...

I don't think you're cold. I think you're worried, and I totally get that.

It's very sad that SGD has had a tough time, but she made her own bed and has to learn to lie in it. I'm all for compassion and help until I feel like I'm being taken advantage of.

What a hard spot for your daughter and for you. And, bless that poor baby. She already has an uphill battle.

yellowdoggranny said...

wow..candle lit for you..prayers sent..