Thursday, December 01, 2011

This and that

Yesterday I moaned and groaned about not getting things done for the Craft Show.  Well, and this is a familiar mantra in Texas anyway, but bring on the rain.  We are forecast to have a 60% chance of rain Sunday.  If that happens, there will be no show.  That would be great because I am not ready at all!!  So - as usual - bring on the rain.

As for Monkey Boy.  I said yesterday that he now loves me while before he really could care less.  It is the strangest thing.  Oh, and I have him once again today.  He is happy to stay with me which would not have been the case in the past.  He is very demonstrative with his affection.  He is really growing into a great kid!

Now the other grandson - the three year old.  I get the same reactions from him that I had gotten from MB.  He refuses kisses and the likes.  He avoids me like the plague.  I guess that one day he will change too.

One day - that makes me think.  It is really strange knowing that my days are numbered.  I don't know how long I have on this earth.   No one really does, but at 66 there are certainly fewer than there were before.  And then there's always the "c" factor looming out there.  Will it return?  Probably.  It almost always does.  Obits will say "fought cancer for x number of years." It is just sobering to realize you are really mortal after all.

OK - enough gloom and doom.  I have MB stationed in front of the TV, and am headed up to sew.  Pray for rain again!  Please - I need more time!

Peace,

1 comment:

JuJu said...

Oh GK, don't think of those numbered days. I know that's easier said than done.
My wish for you is many many many many happy days filled with dogs, cats, grandkids and rain!