Sunday, December 18, 2011

More time with the kidlets

Seems like our Pastor is in a bit of a quandary.  Daughter is on the board.  They wanted to have lunch after church.  That's all that needs to be said to give background.

So what does that have to do with anything, you ask.  Well - it meant that we had the kidlets after church today.  We had them twice as long as we were supposed to have them.

I sound terrible, don't I.  You KNOW I love those kids.  I enjoy being with them - but when I am told x amount of time, I plan on x amount of time.

Kids being kids, want to play with toys they don't normally have around.  Such is the time at Grandma's.  But I knew that it would be a whirl-wind when parents came to get them, and they were spending their time getting out multitudes of toys.  I really did not feel like picking them up.

As it turns out, they did better than great - they were superb. Couldn't ask for better kidlets.

In yesterday's pics, Lady Bug's personality showed through like a champ.  She is such a great kid - it scares me.  I do love them all, but there is just something about this one!

Perhaps it is because I am more comfortable around older kids.  One reason I never, ever wanted to teach in the elementary school.  Sixth grade science was the lowest I ever taught - thank goodness.  I have to be honest - high school biology was the fav.  The others are growing too, so someday ...

Peace.

2 comments:

JuJu said...

I did some babysitting last night myself. After an hour, I was ready for it to be over. Heh heh.

I love teenage kids. I might be one of the few people on the planet who feels that way. :-)

yellowdoggranny said...

I loved it when I got to watch them..when there were 2 it was really cool..and even cooler when it was 3...when it was four it was fantastic, but I found I ran out of energy a lot faster..but their parents had taught them (not at home) but at grandmas...pick up after yourself..and for the most part they did..