Wednesday, November 09, 2011

Sweet sleep - at last?

Sleeping may be a fact in my life again!  When I talked to Daughter this morning, she told me that both Boxer girls will be going into boarding at the kennel that works with the rescue group.  EXCELLENT!

Of course, she managed to make me feel rather guilty about us spending Thanksgiving at the SSB.  But then it doesn't take too much for me to feel guilty about almost everything.  Anyway, Lady Bug is going to miss three swim practices.  Really.  I know she is in competitive swim.  She loves it .  She is more than good at it. She has set the goal of being an olympic swimmer.  She had a meet this past weekend and placed first in the 50 and 100 meter breast stroke.  But really - no break with the exception of Spring Break?

We are doing the only craft show of this year December 4.  LB has a swim meet that day.  I don't know what I will do.  I guess just hope for the best.  I would ask Son to help me set up instead, but he is way south of town being worship leader for a church down there.  G will hopefully do it with not much grinching about it.  I think I will go look for a cart to move things before that.  I have thought about it for a while.  That way he can just sit in the truck while I set up tables and merchandise.

Anyway, my life looks better now.  I don't have to think about several days with an untested Boxer and a poor cat.  Don't get me wrong -  Boxers are my passion.  They are so great.  But.  They can and do like cats a little too much.  They can have a big prey drive.  Our first one - a huge male - knew cats from the day he walked into the house.  He was absolutely fine with them - but squirrels and rats - another story!

I still am having a problem with the lies that come from SIL's mouth.  I still have a problem with a lot of things he does.  This is after them being together for 13 years.  I have to get a mind set change.  It is getting worse and worse.

So - now I have to trundle off upstairs.  I have been playing too much recently and need to get more things done.

Peace.

3 comments:

yellowdoggranny said...

as long as no one calls him on the lies..he'll keep on lying.

JuJu said...

I'm glad you got some good news today. I say you start washing his mouth out with soap each time he lies!!!
That'll teach him??!!

Judy said...

Why is it so easy for our kids to make us feel guilty? Isn't it suppose to be the other way around, LOL.