Tuesday, November 15, 2011

More sane - I hope

I haven't gone back to re-read yesterday's post.  I probably should take it down.  I was distracted by G, and wondering if I were really over whatever had taken control of my body.  One should never write under those conditions!

Things have settled down nicely.  I am feeling pretty well with only a few intestinal growls (I know - too much information).  Son called to check on me last night.  It was strange on Sunday night.  He, Daughter and I were all sick.  He had symptoms more like mine, and I would say we caught the same bug.  If we did however, it was from different sources.  Or this is a mighty bug since I last saw him the week before!

This little business I have going is not a money making proposition!  I told a lady at church I would do three little handkerchiefs for her.  She wanted four letters and the year.  Ok.

I did the first one.  I was all finished with it.  And as usual, with it all finished when I was trimming threads on the back - my super sharp scissors - the same ones that cut my foot when they fell on it - cut a teeny hole in the cloth.  Can you believe?  Sure you can if you have hung around here long enough.

I knew where she got these.  They were really pretty with lace around the edge.  She said they weren't expensive, and I already told her that I hoped it would go well, but there was no way I would ask her to buy another because I was so stupid.  So I set out to the gift shop.  Those suckers were $6! There was only about a thousand stitches to it, so the most I was going to charge was $1 per handkerchief.  So $3 supposed profit as opposed to $6 for the replacement, plus my gas out to the shop.

Perhaps one of these days I will become proficient.  I did learn a lesson here.  I know how to probably not do that again.  You DID notice the "probably."  That's because I know me too well.

All's well that ends well however.  I am only $1 out on this deal (well plus the $3+ for a gallon of gas).  She paid me $5.  One of these days things may go well, and I will make a profit!  But for now, it keeps me off the streets and mostly out of stores.  But I did find Christmas presents in that shop - they have some really cute earrings for the girls.  Probably $50/pair with another $50 for the charms that can be put on - but cute!

Peace.

2 comments:

JuJu said...

I'm just glad you're feeling better. Pshaw on old posts. We love ya!!

Grandma K said...

Well - Granny, I do feel the same a lot of the time!

JuJu - you are just too kind!