Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Er, remember me??

If you can't, I wouldn't be surprised.  We just came back from the edge of the world known as the SSB.  When there, we are in the vast never, never land known as "no internet."  I really am looking into that to change that little fact.  Of course, good ol' Sprint is really failing me now.  I was able to get a signal sometimes, now not at all, and the phone doesn't even work!  Eight more grueling months with that thing.  I would pay just about anything to rid myself of it right now.

To more pleasant things.  This Thanksgiving went the smoothest of all the ones (eight now) that we have been there.  The turkey was absolutely beautiful.  The sides were good.  It was all pretty much ready on schedule, and we had my SIL come over to join us.  The grandkidlets were well behaved.  Doodle Bug is really growing up.  She only had a couple of meltdowns!

My other SIL and I went to the Thriving Metropolis to shop and have lunch.  With MIL gone, so are all perceived tensions.  Things are back to the way they once were.  I am so glad.  I guess they felt they had been dumped on, but the woman  would have never come here.  We were certainly not her favorites.  Of three children, G came in last in favoritism.

Being without internet for 10 days meant that I spent about 3 hours this morning getting caught up.  One of the email sources I just deleted the entire thing.  There was no way I could get it all done.  This is especially true with the Black Friday and Cyber Monday thingy.  Wow.  All those emails.

Daughter and I were set to do a craft show Sunday.  Of course, Lady Bug, the fish, has a swim meet.  I can't be too upset.  This girl is really something.  Her strokes are the hardest ones for me - breast and butterfly.  She jets through the water.  Her least favorite is my second - the free style.  She says she is going to the Olympics.  I wouldn't be at all surprised.  Her coaches are amazed at her form and determination.

The craft show is, as always, in some jeopardy. It is being held outside completely.  They always bring in "snow."  I know - not a big deal for some of you, but our kids here love it.  If it is rainy, they try to cancel the snow before being delivered.  It is expensive, and no one would be there in the rain.  Yes, we are wimps around here with rain AND snow.  Something that doesn't happen.

So, after a respite of ten days, I really need to get upstairs and get on with my sewing.  Today has been a complete waste.  I haven't done a thing toward the show, and here it is 3:30.  Gad!  Well, all I can hope for is people falling in love with what I have and my pictures.

Peace.

5 comments:

JuJu said...

Welcome back! You were missed!!
I'm glad the holiday was a happy one for you. How did the animals do?

Judy said...

Glad you had a nice Thanksgiving--now on to the craft show. Hope it all goes well.

Cheyenne said...

Welcome back.

Well, if she does get to the Olympics you will have to give us a clue as to what her name is so we can watch her. I never miss much of the Olympics.

Jeanette said...

Hey, I wondered where you were! Welcome back. Glad you had a nice Thanksgiving!

yellowdoggranny said...

craft shows..I love them..glad your back.