Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Short and (?) Sweet

We are back from the land of the dry.  There was 2.2 inches of rain in our absence.  Any amount is good, but we need sooooooo much more.  The juniper (we call 'em cedars) trees are dead.  A lot of the oaks are dying or dead. It is difficult to look around and determine what is dead, dead and what is just turning colors with the season.

Exciting day today.  I spent most of it catching up on emails and the like.  Then I went to the dentist to have my teeth cleaned.  I was supposed to take antibiotics before my visit, but they give me such terrible heartburn that I lied and said I did.  I talked with the orthopedist, and he thought it was silly to have to do that.

Angelica is at home with Daughter still.  Over the weekend they all got into a massive fight, with the old lab coming out on the short end.  He still doesn't like Angelica.  It was the two boxer girls against him.

The other little boxer girl, Princess, developed kennel cough on Saturday.  Now we are wondering if King (old lab) will get it.

I am tired of not having internet at the SSB.  My wonderful Sprint phone with the hot spot is a cold spot.  The phone itself didn't work most of the weekend.  I am going to look into the Slingbox thingy.  With that I am supposed to be able to get my cable up there through the internet.  That means I will have to have internet.  That would be cheaper than satellite, so I am all for that.  I just need to talk to my guru friends that put me onto this for more information.

So that's my excitement.  Hope your day was good.

Peace.

2 comments:

yellowdoggranny said...

we're supposed to get colder weather and rain tomorrow..we're all so excited.

JuJu said...

Did Shadow come down from the china cabinet yet?