Sunday, October 16, 2011

The final deciision

Message: It has been decided. She goes back to the rescue tomorrow. After questioning my vet's office more, this is a bad situation that we cannot handle - especially with other dogs. I have already made every mistake possible with Simone and Angelica. Not only have they met - nose to nose. Slept next to each other in separate crates, but so what. They have used the same water bowl at least twice. And the final thing - I was to be taking Angelica out to the front to potty. Has that been the case, of course not.

I have just contacted my friend and neighbor at the SSB to ask her for a vet's name should I need it during the next week. It's amazing how good intentions (and loving that little dog) can go so wrong. Daughter was still game to try it at her house, but come to find out the old dog isn't up to date on his vaccinations. Great. Just great.

I am still crying about this. I think I will for a long time. I really feel like I have really done it with this one. I can't have the little dog that is so sweet, I probably have infected my baby and she isn't young anymore, the cat may never be the same again, and I may be the ultimate cause of King's death. Just wonderful.

'via Blog this'

4 comments:

Jenn Jilks said...

You make the best decisions at the time, with the information you have on hand. Do not smack yourself. What is...is. Move on from here.

Cheyenne said...

The animals are in my prayers. Sometimes we make wrong decisions with the best of intentions. I bring kittens in the house and God only knows what they might have, but who can say no to those sweet little faces? I try to keep them away from the older cats as best I can.

Jeanette said...

Your heart was in the right place so try not to beat yourself up about it! Kitty will be fine, so will your baby and the rescue place will find a proper home for him where he is the only one.

Judy said...

Yeah--you are doing the right thing.