Thursday, September 01, 2011

Hijacked

Yep - this is me, Shadow, the cat.  I just hijacked Mom's little place here.  I have a terrifying story to tell.

I went outside with the dog this morning.  No one saw me.  I just slipped out.  It has been over two years since I was outside.  It looked interesting.  SO I went.

Mom saw a black cat walking along the window in the den.  She didn't know it was me.  I am so clever.  I just strolled along the ledge between the window and the gas grill.  I heard her tell Dad that she better move the stained glass piece because if I had been in that window when that other black cat walked along there, it surely would have been broken.  Tee-hee.  They didn't realize. Did called me "Butterball" which is his nickname for me, but he didn't really know. I am so clever!

All was really good.  I was enjoying my vantage point there on the ledge.  And then, I got the liver scared out of me.  The guys with those loud machines showed up.  At first one stayed in the front yard, but then one came into the back with me.  Well - it was far enough away, but I was still scared.  Then this really loud thing came in.  It was blowing air everywhere, and all the dirt was flying with it.

I have never been so scared in my entire life - not even when I was thrown out in that forest as a baby to make it on my own!  I tried to climb in the window, but of course it was closed and locked.  I clawed that screen right off the window trying to get away.

Then I got in the bedroom window that is in the corner.  I was still so scared.  It was the only place where I felt like something had my back.  My heart sank then.  Mom left.  I didn't know what to do.  I was really sunk.  How would I ever get back in, but she came back about two hours later.

I heard Dad tell her that I looked sick.  You think? Yes, I was sick - with fright.  Mom said to keep Simone
away from me.  When an animal acts that strange, it is usually rabies.  I. DON'T. HAVE. ANY. OLD. RABIES.  I. AM. SCARED!

After a bit, Dad looked out the door to see me right up against it, screaming.   I heard him go tell Mom that he thought the "sick cat" was me, Shadow.  Sure enough, when he opened the door, I ran in.  What a relief.  I thought I was a goner.  We have an old, big, tomcat around here.  He was in the back of the yard.  If he had seen me, well it wouldn't be pretty.

So I guess I wasn't as smart as I thought.   But I am safe now.  Rabies? - Please!

3 comments:

Cheyenne said...

Oh my, he sure had an experience. I often wonder what any one of my 3 cats would do if they ever escaped to the outside. I shudder to think what would happen.

JuJu said...

Oh Kitty, you know what they say about curiosity and the cats, don' you???

I'm so glad you are back home safe and sound.

Judy said...

No, No, No!!! Shadow, the last time we were outside someone trapped us and took us to a big building with cages and other cats and dogs. Never--we say NEVER go outside again--it is a dangerous and scarey place.

Glad you are all right...Buddy & Maggie Miller