Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Big news

At least around here, this is big news!  It looks like we will finally be looking for a break in the drought AND high temperatures.  The blasted high that has settled in over the entire state is going to move to the southeast (sorry guys).  That is supposed to open a route for sub-tropical moisture to move in.  It means rain as well as temperatures in the LOWER 90's.  There is a feeling of cautious anticipation by the citizenry, but of course the weather clowns are ready to take credit for this change in weather.

I know there has been criticism for the coverage of Irene.  I have been guilty of that kind of coverage myself - then there was Ike.  But now there is rain as a possibility, those clowns have started all over again.  I would rather they get excited about the rain though.  They have  been telling us how many days in a row we have been without rain and over 100.  That absolutely inflames G (good choice of words there GK!).  Hew sets off on his tirade again, over and over.

Enough of that.  I went to my GP yesterday.  He concurs that my symptoms may very well be as a result of stopping the other drugs.  But to be sure, I swear he took a gallon of blood for every test known to medical science.

As I was leaving, he remarked that I might have a touch of sleep apnea.   Well, hello - I did.  Instead of the t-shirt, I have the machine.  I told him I lost a lot of weight after getting that thing, and I haven't used it even after finding that lost weight along with the fans of all those pounds.

So I decided to use it again last night.  I don't know too many Texans who are not having allergy problems right now.  There is all kind of stuff in the air - mostly dust.  I am with them.  Well, after having air forced into my nose all night, I just thought I had allergy problems.

I remember my poor daddy going through several handkerchiefs when his allergies were really bad.  I am that way today except I am using really absorbent paper towels.  I think I made a bit of a mistake last night.  I don't know if I will use the CPAP tonight or not.  I didn't sleep more soundly at all.

Please pray that the weather people are right, and we get some rain and relief from the temperatures this weekend.  It is really time!

Peace.

6 comments:

Jeanette said...

Hope you get that rain...I know you guys need it!!

JuJu said...

I am doing the rain dance as we speak. Can you picture it?

Aren't weather men/women funny when big weather comes around? Although, I totally think your folks are justified after the summer you've had!!

Get some good sleep tonight!

Marti said...

Yippee! I hadn't heard that the cap was moving, but it's about time! Our weather people keep talking about breaking the record for the most days in one summer that we are over 100. They will be broken-hearted if we don't maintain our 100's for another 5 days.

I feel for you on the allergies. I never really had them until this year. Was your CPAP for allergies?

yellowdoggranny said...

word going around is we could get some rain by saturday..maybe even friday..would be wonderful..cool it off for westfest.

Cheyenne said...

I sure wish we could have boxed Irene's water and sent it down there. You guys have suffered long enough without moisture.
Yes, one of the questions in our paper today was whether the weather people over-hype the weather. They sure as hell do. They get you all scared and crazy and then what they said we were getting never arrives. They did overkill with Irene...

Judy said...

Sure hope that rain comes and stays for awhile--a nice steady rain would do you guys a world of good.