Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Looks like it's a go!

Well - Shadow is doing well with his cousins and Godparents. I just called to check. There is a bit of hissing, but he has found a new front window to watch out of. If he looks around, he will find there is one every bit as good as the bathroom window and sliding glass door at the SSB for watching wildlife. He may not want to come home!

The next thing is to leave Simone with the vet. She knows something is taking place. She knows there is not this level of activity that is normal around here unless we are headed out for a trip - be it SSB or something she knows nothing of. That will take place in about an hour.

Then our contractor/friend/whatever will be here at 8:30 to take us to the train station that is in such a wonderful part of Houston. Downtown with all the homeless. I think that is under pretty much control now. You see, we get train service only about every other day. Then, if the good lord's willing and the creeks don't rise, the train will be in at 9:15 to take off at 9:50. If it does - I will be surprised. But the last one that we got to take in privately owned cars (that spoiled me forever!) did leave just about on time. I hope the track is better than it was between here are SA. We are supposed to sleep then!

But the real news is this here lil' ol' machine will be going along for the ride. I will have internet service (I think) while we are gone. Yea!

I will have time in the evenings to return to your posts and read them from the time I had to leave them. I am so excited to catch up on your lives - that sounds a little pathetic, doesn't it. But it's true. I have missed reading it all.

So until the next time - Peace be with you. (and a little ps here - if you have a bit of time and a bit of inclination to do so - please say a few little prayers for DIL. I will fill you in later, but this pregnancy is not going as smoothly)

2 comments:

JuJu said...

Oh yay! We get to travel with you on the train trip!! I can't wait to hear all the scoop.

I hate leaving my animals when we travel. :-( Sometimes, I get so homesick for them!! (and my bed)

Sending warm thoughts to your DIL. xxx

Marti said...

I've always wanted to go on a train trip. I want every detail!

Praying for your dil too.