Friday, April 29, 2011

Isn't there something else to talk about?

I'm talking about the weather here, but I do have something else to talk about - - before the weather.

I am having a problem with good old Blogger right now. I don't know why or how it happened, but I cannot post comments to any Blogger site. I know - keep my comments to myself. Yes, that might be a good plan.

I really am not sure this will make it to electronic space, but I am trying.

The weather for some folks just keeps on hitting and hitting. I am so amazed at how much damage has been done to lives and property. These tornadoes are devastating. I pray for all who has had their lives torn to shreds.

We continue to be dry and windy with very little humidity. Strange weather for Swampland. I expect it for the SSB, but now here. Friday night was a scare when the chatter or Facebook was about a huge wildfire in the next county from us. It was already a little south of us, and is now (yes that's right - people are being told to get out) continuing on a south trek. It is only about 60% controlled. What's going to happen next?

OK - Friday afternoon and I better get ready to do something else since daughter called and the Mexican restaurant time for the crews has been cancelled!

4 comments:

JuJu said...

do you guys go for Mexican every Friday?
We do Mexican about every other week with Steven's parents. It's a nice neutral spot. That is a loaded sentence.

I've been getting your comments, and I love them tremendously. Are you getting ours?

Grandma K said...

My brain is a bit addled right now - loss of sleep and a workshop at church. I do get the wonderful comments and I do appreciate them more than you know!

It has been that we go Mexican. We missed last night due to Daughter having to be at the pool with the swim team. She is making noise about moving this to someone's house. I hope not, but ..

Thank you all again for the comments!

Marti said...

I haven't had any blogger problems. Yet. But I'll be aware now.

This is really strange weather. Friend in the TX panhandle said that just north of them in the OK panhandle, they haven't had rain since some time in 2010.

Even with all these tornado warnings and the hail we had, we haven't had more than 1/2 inch.

yellowdoggranny said...

wish you were here for our fiesta on may 5th...having chicken enchiladas, nachos and sopapilla cheesecake. beer and faux sangria.