Monday, March 14, 2011

Speachless

That's really how I feel at this moment. I had been kicking around a few ideas to bore you with today, but I happened across a trial I had been following in the Houston Chronicle for a few weeks now, and followed it after the event.

I was logging onto my Yahoo account when one of the news headlines, with the Chronicle by line, was first on the list. It was more about this case I had been following.

The case is about a young father repeatedly stomped on his three month old son's head. This happened last summer I, believe. His trial was going on in Galveston (where he was living) where the incident happened. He ran to Philadelphia after he committed this crime. He confessed there, both on paper and in video. Pretty much open and closed case - and it was. I think the trial started last week, and the jury found him guilty in an hour. Today was to be the penalty part of the case. He could get life without parole or death since this was labeled a Capitol Murder Case.

The thing I just read over the internet (because it wasn't in the morning paper) gave a lot more information about the man. I will give some of the background information because it helps fill out the crime. He and his girl friend were befriended by another person. They were living in a trailer in Galveston. The friend had an 8 year old daughter. This insidious thing tried to molest that girl. He managed to begin to pull down her pants, but somehow it didn't happen.

He was scared and was going out for a drive, I suppose to get himself back together. His girlfriend apparently was worried he would leave for parts unknown, so she made him take the baby. He drove out to a dune where he started yelling. That caused the infant to begin crying. Until this morning, I thought he wanted to shut the baby up, and tried choking him to death. He wanted that baby dead - he said as much. I thought he then took the baby out and (probably threw) put him on the ground and stomped on his head until he felt it give. To me that was bad enough. It turns my stomach to even relate that much.

This morning it comes out that he sexually molested that baby before killing him. I cannot describe how sickened I was. I read a little further and it said he had molested a cousin when he was 8. Now here comes the "defense." I will bet you know it already. He had been molested as a child, so... As if this makes a difference really, the account went on to say his mother smoked incessantly, had numerous cups of coffee, and I can't remember the rest of the things she did. All these things probably had to do with the surgery he had to have as an infant himself. I don't think it listed the surgery.

I am so sick and tired of hearing that excuse for molesting and KILLING a child. It happens to others when they are at the hands of their parents, but they don't become this kind of animal. I hope and pray the jury doesn't put him to death. It is not for the reason you think. Here in Texas we have executed innocent men, and this one definitely isn't innocent. No, I want him to be locked up for good (and cost us far, far more than he is worth). I want him to suffer each and every day with each and every breath.

Well. Now on to some other business at hand. We are getting ready to spend a week at the SSB. It is still a crap shoot whether or not I will have service. If I do, I will check in. If not see you in a week and probably a day.

Peace be with you.

3 comments:

Marti said...

Oh my gosh that's just horrible. I also can't believe the mother would hand off her baby to a man she knew was on edge.

JuJu said...

What a very sad sad story. Please let us know what penalty he gets?

yellowdoggranny said...

I'll push the plunger to do him in..