Friday, February 25, 2011

What a day!

Several years ago, my primary doctor had the nerve to actually pull the plug on his practice. I cannot tell you how that upset me. He had been our doctor for a mere 30+ years. Why how dare him. Just because it was abundantly clear that his arthritis had gotten so bad that I know going from room to room was shear agony for him. Boy, can I understand that.

Anyway, I went to the ones who bought his practice for a flu shot. That office was a madhouse. In addition, we were charged a $25 office visit, and then whoever did his insurance had the gall to bill the insurance another $25. They will be able to retire on their ill gotten gains.

Someone suggested that I find someone who I might want to use as a personal physician. Daughter and SIL see this one, so I went. It was rather embarrassing to tell everyone who wanted to know why I was visiting the doctor that I just wanted to meet him, and let him see what normal is for me (whatever that is). Anyway, he seemed to understand, and all was well.

So when the cardio doc told me he wanted the PCP to follow my progress on the metformin, I knew I would be seeing Dr.A. So I made the appointment for today. He is really a great guy. My appointment was 9:30. I got out at 11:20. That's because he is so easy to talk to. I am looking forward to having more sessions with him. It's been a long time since I was able to connect with a doctor. I had forgotten how good this feels. I feel my health care is in good hands.

After that - G., Daughter, SIL and I had pedicures. It was his first. I think he did enjoy it. I wasn't sure. He is so funny about his feet! But I think he thought it was alright. Daughter and I were teasing the guys about getting color on their nails. It was a fun time, and I lost about another 50 pounds of dead skin off my feet - again. I shouldn't have a weight problem anymore. I just need more pedis!

I hate to brag because so many of you are still freezing, but we are having great weather. The weekend is looking really good too. This is something that is unusual for this time of year. All the trail rides are coming in for the beginning of the rodeo. Yes, this is our going back in time! But the "Go Western" days are fun. The rodeo isn't the big draw - the shows that come to entertain draw the crowds. Son will be there for the next two days (he was there last night too) with his band. There are BBQ cook-offs, and his band plays at one of the business's tents. It is good money for him and good exposure. He usually is able to book several weddings from this.

Peace be with you.

3 comments:

Judy said...

Fred just got a new primary care doc too that really impressed us. My primary care guy is a putz, but then I don't really need a medical genius so....

yellowdoggranny said...

the entire town of west is in mourning..our dr of 37 years(mine for 33) died after a fall during the snow..cracked his head and never really woke up..don't know what we're going to do..we have 2 other drs but they are old and fixing to retire..scary.

Marti said...

I've got an appointment with a new PCP. I tried to make it a visit appointment, but the gal making the appointments HAD to have a reason, so I'm getting my heart checked out. After several younger friends have had heart attacks, it's probably a good idea.

Your Go Western days sound like fun. There was a rodeo where I grew up and I loved it and the activities. Here, there is nothing. No Rodeo, no county fair, just a couple of glorified craft fairs.