Sunday, February 13, 2011

Crazy Boxer Lady

I was sitting around here not doing much when the telephone rang. I looked at the Caller ID, and it was my vet's office. Now, you have to understand they ALL know Simone and me - very well. One of the office folks told me that Dr J had found a Boxer, and they thought they would call me and ...

I pondered the situation for a bit, then told them I would be up there to see the dog, all the while wondering just how I would present this new little dog coming in behind me to live here. So I told them I would be up in a bit.

In an effort to deflect some of the fall-out of this situation, I called daughter to come with me. All along I really thought I would adopt the dog. My concerns were how G would react, and more how Simone would react.

The staff brought the dog up. She is a beautiful little fawn colored girl with a beautiful mask. We both fell in love with her. The crazy thing here is that Daughter ran into her Senior English teacher. They talked some, and Ms F remarked about what a good body structure she has - she conforms to Boxer bone structure.

The dog was abandoned near Dr J's parents. She picked her up, treated her for heart worms, spayed her and was nursing her back to health. She is just skin and bones.

So - grandchildren are happy with her, SIL, who was out of town at one of the food trade shows, likes her. They have gotten a crate down for her since in her excitement has her urinating inside!

It looks like this is a good match. All thanks to Simone making me the "Crazy Boxer Lady" who came to their mind to call first!

Peace be with you


4 comments:

Marti said...

I'm so glad she found a good home. Your vet sounds like my mom's vet. When they get a small stray dog, they call mom first. Of course, I call the vet mom's enabler. lol

yellowdoggranny said...

ah, she got a good home..wonderful

Judy said...

and you will get to visit her all the time and not make Simone jealous.

Susan Adcox said...

So wonderful when there's a good match between an abandoned animal and a new family.