Thursday, February 24, 2011

Back again

We have again returned from our week at the SSB. And as usual, I didn't have a signal for any reading nor posting. That's the real bummer of the whole thing.

Since our return on Tuesday, things have been in super high gear. Yesterday I was to keep the three older grandchildren while their parents worked their shift on the rodeo committee. I will keep my mouth shut about my thoughts of the serving on the committee. That should explain that.

I was to be with the kiddos from 5:15 until an unknown time. The two older ones are a true joy. That wasn't always true. My grandson and I haven't always meshed, but as his age gentles him some - we really enjoy each other. The "baby" is one to drive you to distraction. She is in the terrible threes. Of course she was in the terrible twos before that. I hope the fours become fantastic.

She and I have a rather bumpy relationship anyway. After she was born, her mom stayed home with her longest of either of the two before her. Since is was so much easier to just breast feed, she didn't know what a bottle was. That made for some long days for us two. She would get to eat about 9 am, and then not again until 3 or 4 pm. She really was good natured about it, and I would try to get a little dribbled into her little mouth with a sippy cup. But even her mom will say that she is hell on wheels.

She is a darling. Petite and smart. The other two are good sized kiddos. They always were at the maximum of the growth charts, but this wee one is, as I say, a petite little thing -- who can wear you out in a matter of minutes.

Before I left for the SSB, I had some good news and bad news as far as health is concerned. After skirting the issue for years, my cardio doc seems to believe I am pre-diabetic. Not so good. So he prescribed metformin (I'll just bet I didn't get that spelling). So what am I seeing about the diagnosis. Well, I understand the medication helps with weight loss. I think it is - at least I am a lot more careful.

Oh and before I forget. The new boxer has taken to her new family like you wouldn't believe. She is especially bonded to my daughter. She is showing herself to be quite the watch dog already. This makes me very, very happy.

Any so I will fade into the night.

Peace be with you.

3 comments:

Marti said...

Uh oh on the pre-diabetes. I hope the medication does the trick.

Having 3 at once would be a handful even if they were all perfect. I get tired just watching my friends with their grandkids. Still, I wish I had some.

Judy said...

It always amazes me how taking care of grandkids wears me out--back in the day, I had three within 5 years and I didn't get so tired. Must be an age thing. You spelled Metformin correctly--hope it truly helps.

yellowdoggranny said...

get rid of it before you get it..
welcome back