Thursday, January 13, 2011

OH, NO!

The yard men are here. Yes we are that decant. We don't own a lawn mower any more. We don't own a trimmer. Even after today's big day (G retiring effective today) we won't get one either. We won't depend on either child and their spouse because we would have grass rubbing the roof - and they have their own yards.

Today is a tragedy however. Sometimes it is that way. Lupe's brother is in charge until he returns from Mexico (yes they are legal), and he decided that our yard needed to be readied for winter. I know, most people are under snow. We aren't. We are the tropics!
Anyway, they are here. I went out to give them the check. Lupe's brother was in the large flower bed. He asked me if I wanted the giant phyledron (the spelling doesn't right, but spell check doesn't have a suggestion) cut all the way down. NO, NO, NO!! I would rather it freeze down. That's making things look bad before they should.

I looked in the "yard art" G put out. It is our old wheel barrow on its side with flowers in it. He planted it in May. He chose the flowers while I was in the hospital with the last knee. He lovingly planted that wheel barrow. Summer came and roasted those plants (that were planted wrong). Some remained there and struggled to survive. Came fall and they flourished. Because of my bad memory, I cannot think of the name, but they were growing! He was proud.

Well - today they perished. They were pulled out of that wheel barrow with a rake. An plain, old, rusted wheel barrow! I haven't told him yet.
*************************************************************************
That brings to mind my granddaughter, Doodle Bug. She went back to the dentist. Leaving the long story between her parents, she now has lost all four of her front teeth. She already had the two teeth beside the two front pulled. The front teeth were capped. She developed an infection above one of those caps, and it was still there yesterday. So to keep the infection from spotting the permanent tooth, both were pulled. I haven't seen her yet. Poor baby. But she will get a bridge soon. That is so sad.

The dentist told them the bad teeth were inherited, but cokes and juices as the only fluid certainly helped to get the kid's teeth this way. But I have to just shut up.

Peace be with you!

5 comments:

Cheyenne said...

Tropics? Where do you live? We are having single digit weather. Just came in from feeding the outside cats and darn near froze my behind off because I had to get the mail too. Husband is away at an auction.

Grandma K said...

Texas Gulf Coast. Our temperatures seem like tropical weather compared to yours! So, that means the blasted grass is still growing, although very slowly./ Night before last, we actually got to about 26.

Susan Adcox said...

Congratulations to G on his official retirement! Before my husband retired, I was really worried. Twice as much husband and half as much money--that didn't sound like a recipe for marital bliss! But it has been fun most of the time.

yellowdoggranny said...

we are just now getting winter weather..up till 1st part of Jan. we had 70's weather..now it's going to rain this weekend and will be warmer then colder and then rain again...nice weather for schizophrenics.

Grandma K said...

Granny - we are relatively close - when you consider Texas. Just hop on 45 and there we are. It only takes about 4 hours! I agree with you - this is perfect weather for schizophrenics. But if you were not one before - you are now!