Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Here's some more random stuff

I never watch "Hoarders" when it is regularly scheduled. I watch "On demand." But I don't think I am watching it again. It's funny - there's that show -and then there is "Pickers." To me they seem one and the same.

The most recent "Hoarders" I've seen - the woman wasn't a hoarder! She simply either didn't know how to keep house or she didn't. She didn't live where there is one little path through a garbage strewn place. She was messy. Hello - that's where I am right now! I simply had not picked up the clutter because it was just too much. I. Am. Not. A. Hoarder.

I do (sometimes unfortunately) hang on to things. I am a crafter and I was a science teacher. When you teach science without sufficient funds - it is amazing what things you can use in your classroom. Anyway - those things are gone. They have been for some time.

I have been working on the craft room to get things in more order, but there is a lot of stuff. That I use.

Those programs are going all over me. I guess I could turn myself in - not telling that I was pretty incapacitated for several years - and get a crew in here to help me in two days to get rid of years of clutter. I know - nasty - but that's the way it is. I do recognize that I have had a problem with getting rid of things that belonged to my aunt/uncle and mom/dad. Those things are not holding me now. There was just such a loss there for a while. It was hard to get through. My kids still have some sh*t here. I am fully able to get rid of it now. If the garbage service will just cooperate.

No, I really am upset with that program. There is a big difference between hoarding and just not getting rid of stuff. If G had gotten rid of this sh*t, that would have been a BIG help. I don't think we need his cardiology books any more than we needed my taxonomy books that have been long gone. So I don't think I will be visiting those hoarders any more. It is not even an inspiration anymore.

I was going to add something else. I have been like a third world person sewing as much as possible because there were things I wanted to do. They are done. Now it is no time limit like before. But I still don't remember what else I was going to rave and rant about!

Peace be with you.

3 comments:

Cheyenne said...

I wouldn't consider myself a hoarder either (I have seen some shows and they are horrific), but my problem is I am willing to get rid of things/stuff/junk but I have nowhere to go with it. I did give a lot away to charity and I guess that is the course we should still follow. Maybe next year. Yeah, that's what I said last year.

yellowdoggranny said...

I collect books..but I can't watch those hoarder shows..they creep me out..
Merry Christmas

Judy said...

You are just fine!!

Merry Christmas, K