Thursday, December 16, 2010

Here I go!


I am so bad at this. I am going to try to add a picture of my beloved Simone's head. I just hate this because it could be something really bad - a mast tumor. If it is, hopefully we have caught it early. But regardless it's placement, and her age don't add up to much good. The vet and I talked about removal of the tumor - especially if cancerous mast - involves also removing about a half inch of surrounding skin. Another problem is that she has about six very small "bumps" around that main one. She would lose most of her scalp on her head.

I managed to get the picture! The oily patch is where the associated tumors are. You can see if you add the half inch around them, we are in a mess. The other treatments include radiation as a follow up. Well - we will perhaps know more on Monday or Tuesday.

I have managed to get a few more things done around here. The tree actually has half of the glass garland. I purchased the other half yesterday. I have some solar lights that I put around the mailbox yesterday. Today the yard men came. They are not exactly careful - so we will see. The lights burned about an hour last night. I'll bet they won't even come on tonight as their little strings were probably cut. Not a big loss I fear. That's why the lights were put way back in the container. I think they are headed for the trash can.

I am off to lunch, and then finally upstairs - with the embroidery machine. We'll see how long this lasts this time. I hope a while. I was surprised the bill was only $94 for the computer part.

2 comments:

Cheyenne said...

Poor doggie...let us know how things turn out. I hate it when stuff like that happens to our pets. It sucks.

Judy said...

Poor Simone--it is just one thing after another for her lately, it seems.

The glass garland on the tree sounds beautiful.