Thursday, December 23, 2010

Bah!

No, I am not in a sour spirit about Christmas. Things are coming along rather well after my self imposed slavery upstairs in my converted attic room slaving over a sewing machine for hours on end - oh wait, that's not exactly right. I was in a nicely appointed, air conditioned (yes - it is still hot here) room while my machine works its little heart out. Things did get completed, and now I have the rest of the evening and half day tomorrow to pick up the danged clutter that was down here reproducing. That's what happens you know, when two pieces of clutter ... well fill in the rest.

No, what I am "bummed" about is that I miscalculated when I was counting years of survival from cancer. It is only four. So what's the big deal? It is survival, you know. True, but there is a bit of magic with that number five for survival. I know there are plenty of survivors who die at all number of years. I heard recently of a twenty-five year survivor passing from cancer. No true magic, but it is a special number, and I won't reach it until next year. Bah.

I am still in a state after that one particular "Hoarders" show. The one where she was, to me, just messy. Each little break from changing threads yesterday I used to go around and around the craft room trying to find homes for all the stuff. Some of it simply wants to live under a bridge - it wants nothing to do with a home. All you crafters know that we use some people's trash - or what they would consider trash. As a teacher I surely did. We used old 2 liter bottles, baby food jars - practically you name it. I have really become rather paranoid from that program.

I have never claimed to be a housekeeper. At the time I had a full time teaching job, part time organist, and running and supplying a little craft shop on the weekends, I learned that there are moments that you will never get back. Spending time with your loved ones is precious. The house can wait. I guess my mom was a little that way. A spotless house certainly wasn't on her agenda.

So I will continue on my "hoarder" ways. There is a little clutter about. Sometimes it gets out of hand and I get the whip to it. I don't know how many days are left in my personal calendar, but I think I would be better off if I try to live them fully. I won't be staying home to clean house if there is a better opportunity out there. Happy hoarding and sloppyness to all! Enjoy your life - after all you never know...

I don't know how much posting I will be doing between now and the 4th. With all the celebrating, we will be at the SSB until the 4th. If the elves have added more G's to the service, I might have web service. It is really spotty. So if I don't post again I hope you all have a blessed Christmas and a very Happy New Year. I will post pictures of my projects too.

Peace be with you,

No comments: