Sunday, November 21, 2010

Mixed bag

Today was another nice day. We did our part to help curb the financial standing of the community. We decided that we were getting too old to see the 26 inch regular tv at the SSB. It is really noticeable when we come home and enjoy our big digital one, so off we went to the "Big" Buy store - which in itself is comical. You see - G swore a long time ago when he had a problem with them that he would never set foot inside one again. Well - this is twice. This time we walked out with a 42" plasma. If I had known before about the real difference for us between Plasma and the other, I wouldn't have gotten the plasma. It has to ride upright, or the plasma will break the glass, and that isn't covered by any type of warranty. So Merry Christmas to us - - and the family who will be around to help break it is this weekend.

Speaking of warranties, I am going to have to take the sewing machine back to the dealer - again - for the broken USB fitting. This will be number three. I JUST got it back last Wednesday, and it has to go tomorrow. I hate, hate, hate to take it to this dealer. I know they are saying bad things about me behind my back. I know they think I don't know how to work the machine. But, unless I want to just use the built in stitches and the very few that I loaded on it, I am dead in the water. I cannot get anything to load on it.

I went to the local computer big store. I bought a little plug to change the USB ending into a different kind. The machine is supposed to be able to be loaded by a computer. Not using Win7 or even XP. The old laptop lives up there with the machines. It still works, although slow and limping along. I thought this new method I dreamed up would work to read from the CD reader. No. Such. Luck.

I have made a mission about finding an ADA card that is 2"x2". They don't exist. That would be another way to load designs. I am out of luck there too - so tomorrow I will have to face the music. I would rather take a beating. The only other dealer is about 20 miles past this one. It would be really foolish.

It was completely my fault the thing happened, but upon closer examination of the little adapter in the machine and other USB ports, there is a design flaw. Those little fragile connections are just sitting there - there is no protective plastic around them. Look at any of your USB things and you will see the points are protected. Not here.

Back to my responsibility. Every time I have a machine serviced - cleaned, etc - it comes back screwed up. It makes thread nests on the back of the fabric like no tomorrow. It was doing that. I spend three hours on one little project - that by the way turned out like sh*t - and I hit the machine about six times. It is on a cabinet that has the place for the machine that goes up and down. Well, one of those blows, well, you can guess the rest. Now I have to pay the piper, face the music, and all those other phrases. I really don't want to. Really, really. Anyway...

Today was a good day. We went to a local theater group for a play. It was really cute, and gave a good afternoon of entertainment.

Pray for me tomorrow. That is weighing so on my mind. I don't mean to be sacrilegious, but this is going to be really bad. Can't keep my mind on the good, happy things!

Peace be with you.

3 comments:

Marti said...

Oh my gosh, I would hate that. That machine just wasn't built right - at least the USB part. I bet you aren't the only one bringing it back in for that either. What brand is this again (so I won't buy one)? lol

I thought of you yesterday morning when I was watching America Sews with Sue Haussman. (I may have misspelled her name.) She had a guest who did free motion embroidery using a free motion quilting foot. He could make it as big as any hoop he used. Pretty neat.

I wish I were ambitious. I don't want to be doing the kitchen right now. It's messing up my plan big time, but I know dh won't take the dishwasher back out again in a couple of months when I'm ready to do it. He is so grouchy when he does plumbing that I don't stay in the house with him, just near enough so he can find me to go run an errand for him or with him.

Grandma K said...

Hey - Marti, god morning. I really don't know if there are others with the problem. The service guy makes it sound like I am the only nitwit that has the problem, but there is a design flaw that I am discovering when I look at all the other USB ports!! It is a Janome 11000. Really nice machine, but ...

I wish G was just grouchy when doing plumbing - which he doesn't do. He is just grouchy. My granddaughter named her meal worm Grouchy Pa!!

Marti said...

Her meal worm?