Monday, October 18, 2010

I hate deadlines

I have a passion for sewing with my embroidery machine. In fact, I miss it terribly when I don't have it - like we are gone to the SSB or it is in the shop. The last time I managed to have both things happen simultaneously. That was wonderful.

But I am finding that I hate deadlines. Daughter wants four burb cloths and two onesies done - like last week. She didn't go to the baby shower for the woman across the street, but she doesn't want to snub her. So she things something hand made will fit the bill. So it falls on me.

If she weren't my daughter, I would tell her that it would take me at least a week to get them done (since I don't work in a sweatshop where I turn out fifteen things a day). But I am a loving mother who wants to help my children out. Of course, this puts the thing I had on tap further away. Little Teeny will just have to wait for her eyelet diaper covers!

It's hard to not try to get things done for my procrastinating daughter. She took me for a "the works" pedicure Sunday. I don't indulge myself in such things, so it was a real treat. Poor girl working on those feet! She had to get the grater out to get all the dead skin off.

And so - I am heading upstairs right after lunch (I slept in because I wasn't feeling well). I will continue to slave away at the machine until my eyes are bleary, my hands bloody, and the computer drive gone to produce four burb cloths and two onesies that she needed last week!

Peace be with you.

3 comments:

Marti said...

LOL at your bleary eyes and bloody hands. Although I do have a fear of getting my finger under the needle and not being able to stop the machine. Did you get it all done?

Grandma K said...

Well, I got four burb cloths and one onezie done. The second onezie was dedicated to the embroidery machine gods. Every time I send the machine for maintenance, it comes back all messed up.
My fingers have gone under the needle - twice! Fortunately, my reflextive jerk stops the needle. I THINK I have learned a lesson!

Susan Adcox said...

Daughter is really lucky to have such a talented mother. And mother is lucky to have a daughter who takes her for pedicures. Enjoy each other!