Tuesday, September 07, 2010

What a time getting on the internet again

Following the crash of the Gateway computer, the router gave up the ghost, and then the modem wasn't far behind - all those things heading to the glorious mechanics heaven in .. wherever.

I had been trying to reinstall the router thinking that perhaps I could bring it back to life, but it must have liked the calling from wherever, so I have decided it has departed for good. It just sat there are sent its little signal for two years, then just died!

I called Comcast on Thursday for the modem - assuring them I had tried all reassessing techniques on the modem. They make you jump through all these hoops before you get a service call and a new modem.

So Saturday, just before the witching hour of 5, here comes the repairman. He worked a bit - replacing the co-ax between the modem and the wall. Then he was off in a cloud of dust, looking forward to his three day weekend. When he was trying to show me how to work the lap tops. they didn't work well. They were "wonky" to say the least! In fact, the modem quit in about a half an hour.

So yesterday, I called and went through the same hoops, and then I got an appointment for today -again between 2-5. He got here at 3 and left about 4:45 - leaving his number if there was a problem again. I think they are on a quality program, and the technician gets black marks.

Anyway it all works - for now! I just have to get used to this new computer. Tomorrow I go out for a new router!!

Peace be with you.

T

No comments: