Saturday, September 25, 2010

Shadow

He came home from the hospital last night about 6pm. I was given a demonstration of the tube feeding process. I just don't know. A friend had labeled me as Nurse K, but in this case, I really don't know.

I had prepared the kitty jail, er the kitty playhouse. Depends on your perspective. I put him in, and the rubbing on the bars commenced immediately. He has a huge "e collar" on. I always thought they were Elizabethan collars, but it is much softer. He also has a huge bandage around his neck holding the feeding tube in place. He hates them. He had the collar off in 10 minutes.

Today he is doing well. He has eaten on his own, and I will try to feed him again in a bit. Perhaps we can get rid of the feeding tube it he keeps eating. Right now he is so frustrated. He wants to groom other parts of the body, but the big blue bib is in the way. He is trying every configuration of his body to get to said parts.

I am supposed to keep him from jumping. What a joke. If he is on his own, he is heading straight for the utility room to jump on the freezer, which is comical in itself. He doesn't want that old dry food that is up there, but he wants up there.

I had him on the couch with me when something startled him. He jumped out straight eight feet. Not jump - right. So the only solution to that is the kitty jail - I mean kitty playhouse, or in the crate we use for traveling, which is where he spent the night.

Well, the master Houdini just got out of the collar again and went right for the stitches. So I must get it on him again.

Still praying for a miracle and this was a simple upset stomach that brought about major surgery.

Peace be with you.

2 comments:

Judy said...

Looks like you are in for an interesting few days!

Cheyenne said...

I'm still praying too. Our critters need all the help they can get.