Monday, September 27, 2010

And another day

Well, the little darling, er devil is back to biting me, and I am loving every bite. It shows he still has come spunk. The half can of the special diet has been pretty much all he has eaten. Of course, he managed to get the cap off the top of his feeding tube, so it was easy for me to access it. I gave him one feeding, and yesterday I only cleaned it once. He had been playing before that, and after I cleaned it, he was lethargic again.

I offered the food this morning. He ate a few bites and that was all. He now has a little diarrhea. The collar is driving him absolutely nuts. In addition to not getting to his stitches, he cannot clean himself. And he needs to.

We went for a bandage change. Everything looks good. He has gained some weight, the vet says that's probably the fluid he lost while so sick, but she is pleased overall. We are still waiting for some of the tests to come back - especially the FIP (or the one that could indicate the FIP).

So, since the eating is sporadic, I give him a feeding when we came back. He appeared interested in the food too, so he has a veritable buffet in his prison cell with the wet special stuff and his usual dry stuff, and 15mL liquid diet.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Normal things around here are just that. DIL is still doing fine and we are awaiting the birth on Thursday, and I will have a new grandson or granddaughter. I am hoping for a girl, but I have a feeling it will be a boy.

I still hate that they don't find out from the sonogram. I think that is the greatest thing! To be able to plan ahead is just the best thing. If the technology had been available, I would have known. But it is their choice!

For some reason, I predicted the sex of each of my children. It was strange. With my daughter, I picked no boy name at all. I would have been up the creek had she been a boy!

So from the land of waiting for results, I bit you a good day.

Peace be with you.

4 comments:

flying eagle woman said...

"from the land of waiting for results..." now that's just classic. CLASSIC I tell you! I hope it all turns out well:-)
YOU HAVE A GOOD DAY TOO!
Shawna

Marti said...

I'm glad Shadow is eating and hope he continues to improve. That feeding tube has got to be a real pain for both of you.

I thought I was having girls both time and sure enough, I did. Sonograms have come a long way, and I'm with you, I'd know if I could. Whatever you have, I hope it's a healthy baby.

Judy said...

I also "knew" the sex of my babies and picked out appropriate names--funny that we knew that for some reason. If we had sonograms in the olden days, I think I would have wanted to know too--too buy the appropriate clothes and paint the nursery something other than yellow, LOL

Cheyenne said...

I'd rather have my cat bite or nibble me than have it not eating and just moping around. They are like my children, all 3 of them.
Speaking of children...I didn't know what I was having till she was born. Had I known earlier it would have been so much easier on me. No way did I want a boy. To this day, I shamelessly say had it been a boy he would still be in the hospital. I did play around with boy names though just to be safe but when they said I had a girl it was wonderful.